New
Find
Notify
Tools

Perugini Visini
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
What the opinion on these? Considering a 9.3x74r. Just want to maybe shoot an elk or black bear and just have a double. Randy

Posts: 251 | Location: w mt | Registered: 12 December 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Randy, that's probably their Victoria model?

Posts: 20082 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
BLE Safari

Posts: 251 | Location: w mt | Registered: 12 December 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
I had one in 9.3; got a bear with it. Nicely built rifle.
Wood was plain though.

Posts: 17091 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
Steven Dodd Hughes, known here on AR by his initials, SDH, once represented them here in the USA.

My sense, only from having seen and handled them, is that their rifles are top-notch.

But Steven would surely know all of the reasons why.

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13373 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A friend of mine has one in 9.3 X 74R that I admired greatly so he loaned it to me to play with. Good friend. Anyway, his was a fine rifle and I thoroughly enjoyed his generosity. At the time he didn't own a chronograph so I ran his loads over mine in a feeble attempt to repay his kindness.

Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father but through me". John 14:6

Posts: 232 | Location: Northern Missouri Ozarks | Registered: 13 February 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I worked with a company that imported P&V guns and spent a week in the P&V workshops in Nuvalero, Italy observing manufacture of al their firearms. The are very well made, largely handmade double guns.
I've seen numerous 9.3, 375H&H, 8mm as Anson & Deeley style boxlock guns. I've shot them finding good accuracy and although I was once charged with maintenance and repair only remember working on trigger pulls, cleaning, oiling and adjusting.
Usually found quite reasonably priced on the second-hand market.

ACGG Life Member, since 1985

Posts: 1784 | Registered: 07 February 2005Reply With Quote