New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Demas 470
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Finally arrived. Pics don't do it justice. Perfect balance, wonderful stock job, a real tack driver and sweet shooter.

Posts: 1083 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 05 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
Congratulations! beer

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That, sir, is a beautiful rifle!!!!

Posts: 41762 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Showbart, who did you buy that rifle through? Do they make it in a 450/400?

Posts: 725 | Location: Texas | Registered: 18 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
nice rifle. i'm impressed with the makers interpretation of a cheekpiece. that's different.

TOMO577
DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 1144 | Location: west of erie, pa | Registered: 15 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think the 450/400s are sold/spoken for. Contact Ken @ Kebco. He may have or have coming a 450/400 but without the fancy "moustache" receiver.

www.kebcollc.com

Posts: 1083 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 05 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hey Showboat!

Thats a very nice dr you got there Wink

I`LL bet your are looking at it everyday dancing

DRSS: HQ Scandinavia. Chapters in Sweden & Norway

Posts: 2805 | Location: Denmark | Registered: 09 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jens poulsen:
Hey Showboat!

Wrong! I sleep with it!!

One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Congratulations on a fine double!

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
That is a very nice looking rifle at an attractive price. I am not familiar with Demas. Any relation to Chapuis?

NRA Life Member, Band of Bubbas Charter Member, PGCA, DRSS.
Shoot & hunt with vintage classics.

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Paul Demas was with Chapuis years ago. He left to make guns of higher quality, hand built in the old tradition with of course modern equipment. He opened his shop in 1988, it was only 860 square feet. 2 years later he expanded to 4300 sq feet and upgraded to include CNC machinery. In '99 he expanded to 10,000 sg ft. He uses Lothar-Walther barrel blanks with all else made in house from solid steel. Guy Bourgin is his head gunmaker/barrel assembler and shop foreman with 32 years in the trade, 16 of which with Demas. Thierry Murgue is a master stock maker, having learned from his father, with 21 years experience and alot of prestigious peer awards. He's been for Demas over 15 years, actually working from home most of the time. The final fitting and finishing of all metal components is done by Christophe Valdon who, after the arms school in St-Etienne, apprenticed with a master gunmaker Gerard Geffroy who is apparently very well known and very highly regarded in France. Most the younger gunmakers studied in either Liege or St-Etienne and he has a couple gals working in the shop who are guite easy on the eyes as well!

The St-Etienne gunmaker since 1650, Verney-Carron, bought a controlling interest in Atelier Demas in 2004. Demas now employs 13 on site and 11 home based workers. They make 80 shotguns and 320 rifles a year.

Web address below but it's in French. If you Google Paul Demas when the page comes back the link will have the option to view the site translated, it helps a little. The second link, for those who haven't seen it when posted here earlier, is a video from the site also on YouTube where you can enlarge to full screen.

http://www.l-atelier.verney-carron.fr/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s40ERaEFb_Q&eurl=http://...pages-fr/video01.htm

one of us
posted Hide Post
Show - Thanks for the info. I am still waiting for mine.

Posts: 389 | Location: Montana, USA | Registered: 29 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
Yes, thanks for the info. Very impressive website. Is Kebco the only US importer?

NRA Life Member, Band of Bubbas Charter Member, PGCA, DRSS.
Shoot & hunt with vintage classics.

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Will
posted Hide Post
I saw them at the Griffin and Howe booth.

-------------------------------
Will Stewart / Once you've been amongst them, there is no such thing as too much gun.
---------------------------------------
and, God Bless John Wayne.

NRA Benefactor Member, GOA, N.A.G.R.

"Elephant and Elephant Guns" $99 shipped
“Hunting Africa's Dangerous Game" $20 shipped.

red.dirt.elephant@gmail.com

Hoping to wind up where elephant hunters go.

Posts: 19296 | Location: Ocala Flats | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Indeed, Will is correct. G&H has them made under their own moniker. Not sure how much longer V-C will agree to do this if they have any plans to become more of a presence in the fine gun market in the US. V-C US is the opposite end of the spectrum from V-C Europe as far as fine guns and sporting arms are concerned. V-C is a fine old firm and is held in high regard over there.

Kebco has fair pricing while the markup on the the G&H guns is very high.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Showbart:
quote:
Originally posted by jens poulsen:
Hey Showboat!

Wrong! I sleep with it!!

I trust you are using protection...

SCI Life Member
DSC Life Member

Posts: 2018 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 20 May 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The best protection is abstinence, and we are WAY beyond that point!
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10505 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote