Find
Notify
Tools

Searcy 577 double rifles
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Wildcatter
posted
I have seen four Searcy 577s sell at auction or on the various gun auction sites over the past few years. They have sold as low as $7,000 and as high as $15,000. I am very seriously considering selling my 1956 Belgian 470 ejector double to fund the purchase of a Searcy 577. I realize the fit and finish will not compare but I have a love and a fascination with the 577 Nitro cartridge. What is this group’s opinion of the Searcy doubles, especially the 577s? Will I be sorry for giving up a best quality vintage double in a more reasonable chambering? I will likely only ever hunt Buffalo in Australia and Africa with either double rifle. I can’t wrap my head around the purchase of an English double right now as the lowest cost rifle I have seen in that category is around $23,000.

I built a single shot in 577 3” last summer and I find I take it out every time I go shooting. I’m just enamored with the cartridge.

Thanks for your input,

RC

Shoot the largest caliber you can shoot well, and practice, practice, practice.

Posts: 788 | Location: Central Texas, U.S. | Registered: 20 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Why not just call Butch and have him make you one that will fit you?

Guns and hunting

Posts: 1094 | Registered: 07 February 2017Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
I own one of Butch's .577 doubles. I would describe it as being basically akin to Butch's other doubles, e.g., very functional and well regulated. As you alluded to, the fit and finish, while very nice, is not akin to a pre-War English double but I do not believe that is to be expected either. I have never hunted with mine simply because I have never warmed up to carrying it all day in the field given its weight. If you are intrigued by the caliber and can find one of Butch's .577's priced in the range you describe, I would say give it go. That said, I have a hard time seeing one sell in the low end of your range even in today's market. There are simply not that many .577's out there and new ones will run you roughly twice the high end of your range.

Mike

Posts: 21093 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Wildcatter
posted Hide Post
Hey Mike,

Thank you for your post. What got me thinking about the Searcy 577 was the number of rifles in that price range I was able to find. Of course, some of these prices were before buyers premium and other fees. I see on Searcy’s webpage that his 577s start at $25k. This is currently in the low range of English doubles I have seen recently. I guess if the market is so depreciated, I may not realize a very good price for my 470 double at sale right now. I guess finding a trade deal would likely be impossible?

Here is one for sale right now for the high end at $15k on African Hunting.

https://www.africahunting.com/...-double-rifle.57614/

Here is one that sold at Morphy’s for just over $10k in 2016.

https://www.morphyauctions.com...julia/item/3192-394/

I watched this one sell for $13.5k, if I remember correctly.

https://www.gunsamerica.com/95...tro-Double-Rifle.htm

And last, an underlever style rifle that sold for the ridiculously low price of $6900.

https://www.rockislandauction....express-double-rifle

I need to put my hands on a Searcy rifle before I make a move toward one.

RC

Posts: 788 | Location: Central Texas, U.S. | Registered: 20 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Wildcatter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hogbreath:
Why not just call Butch and have him make you one that will fit you?

I would probably be inclined to shop for an English double if I were going to spend over $25k on a 577.

This stunner was posted in this forum a while back. 17,500£ works out to $25k, plus import fees.

https://www.gilesmarriott.co.u...entley-playfair-577/

Thanks,

RC

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wildcatter, I too share a love for the 577NE, a classic Elephant double rifle. You might want to take a look around for a Verney Carron. Only a few makers still offer a 577, and you might find a VC priced right.

Posts: 20076 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Wildcatter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Biebs:
Wildcatter, I too share a love for the 577NE, a classic Elephant double rifle. You might want to take a look around for a Verney Carron. Only a few makers still offer a 577, and you might find a VC priced right.

Thanks for the tip. I’ll look into them.

RC

One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
Searcy will definitely be the most DR for your money, in a new one. Well built and regulated better than any.
If you get an old English one you will not want to take it into the field for fear of scratching it.
I'd get one of each.
However the market is way down now (same rules as old cars; everyone wants what they couldn't have when they were teen agers). Meaning the young guys all want black rifles. No connection to, or idea about, double rifles. So good prices are to be found for buyers.

Posts: 17046 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
dpcd, Thanks for the conformation on Searcy. Very helpful thread over all.

I too am one of those guys who couldn't afford a decent .577 NE double so I built a cheap single shot .577NE. I sure appreciate taking a buffalo with it but I long for the day when I can carry a double. I think I will phone Searcy and see what the hell... Don't tell my wife.

Also, I made a sling to carry my heavy 12 to 14 pound rifles. ( I am now 75.) It goes over my left shoulder and carries the rifle in a "pouch" by my right side, belt high. I guess it is the same idea as a M60 sling. I steady the rifle with my right hand as I stumble along. Photos available. Brian

IHMSA BC Provincial Champion and Perfect 40 Score, Unlimited Category, AAA Class.

Posts: 3335 | Location: Kamloops, BC | Registered: 09 November 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Ready Aim Shoot
posted Hide Post
Why not get a 500NE or better yet get two new 500's for 25K.The 577 will be too heavy and there is no guarantee that it will perform better than a 500 on game-it will be less accurate I am sure and reloading components will be harder to come by.I would not have one for free.BTW both my Searcy's look just as nice as the rifle you posted in the pic and the wood figure on it doesn't compliment a double rifle.

one of us
Picture of Wildcatter
posted Hide Post
If my concern was all about penetration, I am well-outfitted with my Belgian 470 double. I can’t imagine a 500 Nitro would make that much of a difference, but maybe a little better killing power and about the same penetration on dangerous game as the 470. I have built bolt guns in various heavy calibers from 416 to 505. I am interested in a 577 specifically because I love the cartridge. In shooting my single
shot, I have found that it is manageable to shoot and fairly easy to handload, once you get the basic cases fully formed and trimmed.

I won’t be spending $25k on a rifle any time soon but with the current market and the price of used Searcy 577s, I am thinking about selling my 470 and purchasing a Searcy 577. I wouldn’t be interested in a Searcy 500 in exchange for my current double. I guess it boils down to the question, “do I want to give up a bit of refinement and history in exchange for a modern double in my preferred caliber?”

one of us
Picture of Wildcatter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dpcd:
Searcy will definitely be the most DR for your money, in a new one. Well built and regulated better than any.
If you get an old English one you will not want to take it into the field for fear of scratching it.
I'd get one of each.
However the market is way down now (same rules as old cars; everyone wants what they couldn't have when they were teen agers). Meaning the young guys all want black rifles. No connection to, or idea about, double rifles. So good prices are to be found for buyers.

Yes, thank you for your input. I have yet to handle a Searcy double but I hope to get the chance soon. I have heard many different opinions on their refinement but the one consistency is that their regulation is typically beyond reproach!

RC

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I can load my .500-110 Winchester to the low side of 500NE and with CEB bullets it really kills cape buffalo quickly. My 577NE kills buffalo noticeably quicker but the .500 with the right bullets is the a real hammer.

IHMSA BC Provincial Champion and Perfect 40 Score, Unlimited Category, AAA Class.

Posts: 3335 | Location: Kamloops, BC | Registered: 09 November 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
I'll throw in my 2 cents if you don't mind. I've hunted extensively with the 500NE and some with the 577NE.

Personally, I find the 500NE is the sweet spot. A significant increase in field performance over the 470NE but similar in weight, recoil, and ammo weight. Really, all gain, no negative. Additional recoil is about the same as a light loaded 243 Win. Not noticable.

Going to the 577, the rifle is A LOT heavier. The ammo is A LOT heavier. If you are buying it to actually hunt with, I can tell you from experience that you'll notice it at the end of the day. You'll really notice it at the end of day 7. Or day 8. Or day 13!!

I shot a buff bull a little off with my 577NE a few years ago, resulting in a follow up that lasted about 2 hours. In the 2 hours, we were crouched over, rifle held out front at the ready, waist high, as we did the sneaky sneak through the jess. My back was KILLING ME about 30 mins into the follow up. To the point I was paying more attention to the rifle's weight and the ammo belt around my waist, than I was on locating the bull in time to get a shot.

The other thing is handling. A double in 577NE is a LARGE framed weapon. You have to man handle it more aggressively than a 500NE or 470NE.

Don't get me wrong, it's a great caliber. The recoil really didn't bother me. But I didn't find any increase in killing power over the 500NE. Again, the 500NE is the best of all worlds.

I started my double journey with a 500NE. Sold it and went with a 577NE. Then sold it and am back to the 500NE now.

But that's just my opinion. Take it for what it's worth.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Agree....the 500NE is the best combination of power to weight for a dangerous game double rifle.

Posts: 20076 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Biebs:
Agree....the 500NE is the best combination of power to weight for a dangerous game double rifle.

+1

Mike

Posts: 21093 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Wildcatter
posted Hide Post
Thank you all for your input. The high vote of confidence in the 500 over the 577 is a little surprising but considering the weight issue, makes total sense. Maybe I’ll spend a little more time with my 470. It is a really beautiful piece and light for caliber at 9.6lbs.

Thanks again.

RC

One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wildcatter:
Thank you all for your input. The high vote of confidence in the 500 over the 577 is a little surprising but considering the weight issue, makes total sense. Maybe I’ll spend a little more time with my 470. It is a really beautiful piece and light for caliber at 9.6lbs.

Thanks again.

RC

Don't miss the vote of confidence in the 500NE over the 470NE as well. Same price of rifle / ammo, similar recoil, same weight of rifle and ammo, and these days, nearly same level of availability of ammo off the beaten path in Africa. All with a decent increase in performance on game. Again, it's the sweet spot in NE cartridges.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wildcatter. If I may throw in my two cents. I ve shot buffalo with .375,470,505,and 577. I love the 577 and I ve shot 4 with it - no expert! But it’s taken them down quicker and my only instantly dead with one shot. I don’t find recoil to be an issue but some who ve shot it have struggled to shoot it accurately. I added a Doktor red dot which really helped after JJ put it on. Now 2-3” groups at 100 y is regular occurrence. I had to increase powder / velocity slightly to regulate. It weighs 13.8 lbs plus rounds. I train with 25 lb dum bells in each hand for it. My solution to carrying it is a backpack wide hip belt with a holster to carry it in and two years ago I carried it that way day in and out for two five day hunts till we got the bulls. Manageable but it is tiring but I m ok with that - good exercise and I m Medicare age. I paid about $17k for the used VC. Used also for PG for fun and instant knock down.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
LR3, I am the same way about my .577 single shot. Fun and satisfying to shoot.

I also tried something different to carry it. I have a strap over my left shoulder, like for a postal bag, and the rifle is horizontal in a pouch at my right side, waist high. It works ok. I think your backpack wide hip belt would be excellent.

I have a scope on it but will go for an aperture sight, or else a Doctor red dot next. Weight is 12 lbs.

one of us
Picture of Wildcatter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LR3:
Wildcatter. If I may throw in my two cents. I ve shot buffalo with .375,470,505,and 577. I love the 577 and I ve shot 4 with it - no expert! But it’s taken them down quicker and my only instantly dead with one shot. I don’t find recoil to be an issue but some who ve shot it have struggled to shoot it accurately. I added a Doktor red dot which really helped after JJ put it on. Now 2-3” groups at 100 y is regular occurrence. I had to increase powder / velocity slightly to regulate. It weighs 13.8 lbs plus rounds. I train with 25 lb dum bells in each hand for it. My solution to carrying it is a backpack wide hip belt with a holster to carry it in and two years ago I carried it that way day in and out for two five day hunts till we got the bulls. Manageable but it is tiring but I m ok with that - good exercise and I m Medicare age. I paid about $17k for the used VC. Used also for PG for fun and instant knock down.

LR3, thanks for your insight! Sounds like you got a great deal on your 577. Yours weighs what I think a proper 577 should weigh and I’m not afraid of carrying that much weight around all day. I hike for a living and I am built like a fireplug so I find I can carry a heavier rifle without so much trouble. I just love the caliber and with today’s prices, I may make a move. You have kept me motivated! If you don’t mind me asking, where did you find your VC 577 at that price?

I do agree that the 577 is not needed and a 450-470-500, at 3-4lbs lighter, will be easier to shoot well after a long walk. I just think it would be interesting to really use a 577 while I’m youngish and still physically able to do so. I don’t need a 16-lb 8-bore rifle to hunt Buffalo but I’m working on that very thing right now. When I’m older, I can see myself trading off the 577 for a trim little 450/400 3” double at about 8.25lbs with which to hunt the rest of my life.

Thank you,

RC

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Brian I use a Erbelestock belt and their soft holster.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wildcatter,

I bought Aaron Neilson’s VC and he was very generous in also including a whole lot of ammo including CEB non conv and solids. I think it was originally owned by CCMDoc?

Bought through the AR website.

I found TSX worked best for it.

Mac, Bill73 and Todd gave me valuable advice to regulate it since at first I tried a micro Aimpoint but could never get it to regulate to my satisfaction. About 6” 100 y spread but with Dokter it worked great. If it was not for the .500 caliber restriction it would also be my deer rifle!

One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

LR3, thanks for your insight! Sounds like you got a great deal on your 577. Yours weighs what I think a proper 577 should weigh and I’m not afraid of carrying that much weight around all day. I hike for a living and I am built like a fireplug so I find I can carry a heavier rifle without so much trouble. I just love the caliber and with today’s prices, I may make a move. You have kept me motivated! If you don’t mind me asking, where did you find your VC 577 at that price?

I do agree that the 577 is not needed and a 450-470-500, at 3-4lbs lighter, will be easier to shoot well after a long walk. I just think it would be interesting to really use a 577 while I’m youngish and still physically able to do so. I don’t need a 16-lb 8-bore rifle to hunt Buffalo but I’m working on that very thing right now. When I’m older, I can see myself trading off the 577 for a trim little 450/400 3” double at about 8.25lbs with which to hunt the rest of my life.

Thank you,

RC

You have answered the weight issue. I would say keep looking and although the Searcy is a good option you may find something sweeter. Could you post a photo of the .470?

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9846 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
quote:
Wildcatter,

I bought Aaron Neilson’s VC and he was very generous in also including a whole lot of ammo including CEB non conv and solids. I think it was originally owned by CCMDoc?

Bought through the AR website.

I found TSX worked best for it.

Mac, Bill73 and Todd gave me valuable advice to regulate it since at first I tried a micro Aimpoint but could never get it to regulate to my satisfaction. About 6” 100 y spread but with Dokter it worked great. If it was not for the .500 caliber restriction it would also be my deer rifle!

I remember that VC 577 of Doc's, later Aaron's. That's one SWEET rifle.

My VC 577 was also Aaron's at one time, featured on one of Aaron's videos where he turned a wounded buffalo charge with it at a few yards as it nearly pinned Phillip Smythe against a tree. When my 500 was ready for delivery, I sold that 577. I remember hanging around with Phillip most of the day at the DSC convention, trying to convince him he needed to buy it since it had saved him once already. Shame Phillip is no longer with us.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
LR3, Thanks for the tip. They have some good product. Brian

One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
I remember hanging around with Phillip most of the day at the DSC convention, trying to convince him he needed to buy it since it had saved him once already. Shame Phillip is no longer with us.

I wonder if a double would have saved his life?

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9846 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fairgame:
quote:
I remember hanging around with Phillip most of the day at the DSC convention, trying to convince him he needed to buy it since it had saved him once already. Shame Phillip is no longer with us.

I wonder if a double would have saved his life?

Oh, man, I didn't mean to imply that at all. I was just remembering the connection of my old 577 and speaking with Philip about it in Aaron's booth back in 2013.

one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
My opinion, is no reason for anyone to change their mind where the chambering in a double rifle, the maker they want. However the largest chambering I have owned in a double rifle is a black powder 577 that weighed a ton it seemed to me at the end of the day.
Having said the above is no reason for anyone to not own a 577 Nitro double rifle if that is what they want, but as has been made clear on this thread, with several people who have owned, and hunted Africa with a 577NE double shows to me the very real drawbacks with the big gun that makes it less enjoyable at the end of the day without being any more deadly to dangerous game animals than the 500NE or the 470NE. I wanted a 500NE but when I bought my Merkel 470NE the 500 was not available so I bought the 470NE Merkel from the first owner, along with a TUFf~PACk, A leather sling, five boxes of Federal ammo, the factory fitted case for $7000. The owner had taken two elephants, and three cape buffalo with it, and had no more use for a double rifle. I have had this rifle for about 10 years, and have shot a ton of ammo through it, and carried it over thousands of acres of mountains, and canyons, have never had to shoot anything twice, with a boom/flop , down and out! When I bought the 470NE , I was looking for a 500NE, and now I'm not sorry I ended up with the 470NE, and it is paired with a Merkel 140 chambered for 9.3X74NE that makes great pair for anyplace on this planet, for about anything I would come in contact with in the bush.

......................... oldMacD37

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
[When I’m older, I can see myself trading off the 577 for a trim little 450/400 3” double at about 8.25lbs with which to hunt the rest of my life.

Thank you,

RC

8,25ibs becomes very "alive" in a .450/400. Add a pound I would say but that ofcouse could become in form of optics.

DRSS: HQ Scandinavia. Chapters in Sweden & Norway

Posts: 2805 | Location: Denmark | Registered: 09 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of buckstix
posted Hide Post
Hello wildcatter,

I might have another suggestion. Give Aaron Little a call and ask about having him build you a custom 577 on a donor 10ga.

You may recall my wanting a sidelock 600NE double rifle back in 2017.

here's the post - http://forums.accuratereloadin...261007532#8261007532

Not sure what Aaron's costs are today, but back in 2017 my final cost for this sidelock 600NE was less than 1/3 of a Butch Searcy double.

" .... you never pay too much for something, you only buy it too early .... "

How to Hunt Wisconsin Whitetail Deer with a Cannon

How to Hunt Feral Cats with a Mortar

Posts: 2100 | Location: Whitetail Country - Wisconsin | Registered: 28 September 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Wildcatter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by buckstix:
Hello wildcatter,

I might have another suggestion. Give Aaron Little a call and ask about having him build you a custom 577 on a donor 10ga.

You may recall my wanting a sidelock 600NE double rifle back in 2017.

here's the post - http://forums.accuratereloadin...261007532#8261007532

Not sure what Aaron's costs are today, but back in 2017 my final cost for this sidelock 600NE was less than 1/3 of a Butch Searcy double.

Hey Buckstix!

Funny you mention Aaron as a solution. He is building me a rifled barrel set for my double 8-bore now. He also gave a friend and me some insight as to the appropriateness of a certain 10-gauge Francotte made in the 1920s as a base for a 577. I may still go that route or I may build the barrel set myself at some point. I just wanted to see what folks thought about swapping a nice 470 for a factory built 577 given the price points and the issues associated with the heavier rifle, both pro and con. I really appreciate the insight offered here!

I’ll get some pictures of my 470 posted soon.

Thanks,

RC

One of Us
Picture of tanks
posted Hide Post
Those shotgun action built double rifles, can they function under full loads or reduced loads only?

Posts: 1083 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: 01 January 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bill73
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tanks:
Those shotgun action built double rifles, can they function under full loads or reduced loads only?

You can get either,depends on what action you use.

DRSS

Posts: 2277 | Location: MI | Registered: 20 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I would have considered a .600NE as well..with the .600-110-900 load it should be at least as devastating on ele/buff as a .577NE..

I think the .600 got this bad reputation because Kynoch failed to use steel jacketed bullets after WW2, only gliding metal ones wich flattened on ele skulls..

My soul will not find rest until I have shot elephant with a .600.. stir

Posts: 3964 | Location: Vell, I yust dont know.. | Registered: 27 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cal pappas
posted Hide Post
You're welcome to use my .600. It was regulated for the 110 grains load of cordite. I could meet you somewhere in Africa and you could take my Wilkes to the field. I will be selling her in the next few years so we have time to do this.
Cal

Cal Pappas, Willow, Alaska
www.CalPappas.com
www.CalPappas.blogspot.com
1994 Zimbabwe
1997 Zimbabwe
1998 Zimbabwe
1999 Zimbabwe
1999 Namibia, Botswana, Zambia--vacation
2000 Australia
2002 South Africa
2003 South Africa
2003 Zimbabwe
2005 South Africa
2005 Zimbabwe
2006 Tanzania
2006 Zimbabwe--vacation
2007 Zimbabwe--vacation
2008 Zimbabwe
2012 Australia
2013 South Africa
2013 Zimbabwe
2013 Australia
2016 Zimbabwe
2017 Zimbabwe
2018 South Africa
2018 Zimbabwe--vacation
2019 South Africa
2019 Botswana
2019 Zimbabwe vacation
2021 South Africa
2021 South Africa (2nd hunt a month later)

Posts: 7281 | Location: Willow, Alaska | Registered: 29 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Cal, that is indeed a generous offer..

Posts: 3964 | Location: Vell, I yust dont know.. | Registered: 27 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of buckstix
posted Hide Post
quote:

Hello tanks,

If you use the right donor gun, they will handle FULL loads all day long. I shoot FULL loads in both my 600NE and 700NE.

" .... you never pay too much for something, you only buy it too early .... "

How to Hunt Wisconsin Whitetail Deer with a Cannon

How to Hunt Feral Cats with a Mortar

Posts: 2100 | Location: Whitetail Country - Wisconsin | Registered: 28 September 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Wildcatter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by buckstix:
quote:

Hello tanks,

If you use the right donor gun, they will handle FULL loads all day long. I shoot FULL loads in both my 600NE and 700NE.

I bet that 700 in full swing is breathtaking!

RC

one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
I have no desire to take an elephant, but I do have plenty of use for fine double rifles, and I can vouch for Aaron Little's work, and after we find out what the new gun haters that are in charge now is going to do to the ownership of firearms, If he is still in the business, I have some work for Aaron. Here is hoping he will still have a business in building fine double rifles. After the Nazi group in the white house today makes it impossible for a law abiding gun owners to own guns and only outlaws will be armed.

.......................................... patriot oldMacD37

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote