THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    What is a deal breaker for you on doubles?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What is a deal breaker for you on doubles?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Skyline
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Ahrenberg:
Not sure why folks don't like Beavertail forends.

I have three DR's; a .470 K gun (Which I may sell), a Charles Osborne 450-.400 3-1/4 (1892 vintage) and a Armeria de Madrid, back action sidelock in .500NE I had them make for me. I ordered it with Beavertail forend specifically. I did so to give me the ability to wrap my hands around the barrels and forend without closing up the sight picture.

Growing up, my dad had a bunch of SxS shotguns, most of them are Beavertail . Perhaps that's why I am fond of them?

Steve…I am with you. I know that many think that the beavertail forend isn’t “cricket”, but I also like them and for the same reasons. Also I have really big hands and it just feels better to me. One thing is certain though, as long as the owner likes it and it works for them, that’s all that matters.

The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who are bereft of that gift.

Posts: 1808 | Location: Northern Rockies, BC | Registered: 21 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
All I can think of with beaver tail fore-ends, especially with otherwise beautiful rifles, is Kim Kardashian. Pretty girl but with an over sized booty. The lines don't flow and are out of proportion.

Cool

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The deal breaker for me is that Todd Williams likes them :-)

Posts: 20083 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Biebs:
The deal breaker for me is that Todd Williams likes them :-)

moon

Cool

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mr Emoji!

Posts: 20083 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Single trigger is a total dealbreaker. I'll accept that on an over and under shotgun, but not on any side by side. I grew up on side by side shotguns with double triggers, so it's a real issue for me. I like splinter fore-ends, and hate beavertail. I carry a left glove to keep from burning my hand.

Posts: 9994 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote