THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    My 1956 Belgian 470NE double rifle I am considering parting with in quest for a 577NE
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My 1956 Belgian 470NE double rifle I am considering parting with in quest for a 577NE
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Wildcatter
posted
Greetings all. Here is the rifle I have been considering selling or trading toward a 577 Searcy or other make rifle in that chambering. I took this rifle in in on trade a couple of years ago. It was made by Fabriques D’Armes Unies de Liege. The rifle is built on a Francotte style action with double under lug and a hidden third fastener that disappears into the standing breech. The barrels are of chopper lump construction. It has all of the extras such as ejectors and an articulated front trigger. The barrels are 25 5/8” and the rifle is very light for caliber at 9.6 lbs empty. It has very few handling marks and appears to have been fired very little. It is the finest weapon I have ever handled and shot so I thought I would share. Let’s continue our discussion about how wise is my move to 577, parting with this rifle, pros and cons. Thanks to Buckstix for hosting my photos.

Thanks,

RC

Shoot the largest caliber you can shoot well, and practice, practice, practice.

Posts: 788 | Location: Central Texas, U.S. | Registered: 20 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Cat, here you go...a Belgian for a Belgian!

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/895842826

Posts: 20075 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Wildcatter
posted Hide Post
That is a neat rifle. I like it’s proportions. I sent a note to the seller.

Thanks,

RC

Shoot the largest caliber you can shoot well, and practice, practice, practice.

Posts: 788 | Location: Central Texas, U.S. | Registered: 20 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Nakihunter
posted Hide Post
Nice rifle. Looks like it was from India - elephant and rhino engraving.

Interesting modifications to the stock to raise the comb. Never seen it before.

quote:
Originally posted by Biebs:
Cat, here you go...a Belgian for a Belgian!

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/895842826

"When the wind stops....start rowing. When the wind starts, get the sail up quick."

Posts: 11006 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote