Find
Notify
Tools

Verney Carron Azur Imperial
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of subsailor74
posted
A few years ago, when I was still working, I ordered a Verney Carron Azur Imperial double rifle in 450 3 ¼ NE. The rifle is stunning - from the bulino engraved elephant on the floorplate to the moustached action and leather covered pad. The fitted VC leather case and Docter Optic red dot round out what to me was the perfect double rifle package. I paid $23K for it new, and the same rifle today sells for right at $30K. It shoots "width of the barrels" or better at 50 yards to boot.
I now find myself most likely not going back to Africa. This rifle has never been hunted, and it is in mint condition. I have listed it for sale at $20k on GI, but there have been no serious takers. So, if anyone out there is interested in purchasing a spectacular double rifle. I am open to reasonable offers. Photos available on request. I would also be interested in trades involving best quality English shotguns (Purdey, Boss, H&H etc).

Posts: 1594 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 29 September 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Pictures?

One of Us
Picture of buckstix
posted Hide Post
PM Sent

" .... you never pay too much for something, you only buy it too early .... "

How to Hunt Wisconsin Whitetail Deer with a Cannon

How to Hunt Feral Cats with a Mortar

Posts: 2116 | Location: Whitetail Country - Wisconsin | Registered: 28 September 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of subsailor74
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dutch44:
Pictures?

Photos posted on GI

Posts: 1594 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 29 September 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Link please.

One of Us
Picture of subsailor74
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bockhunter:
Link please.

PM sent

One of Us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 20086 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Gorgeous. Good luck with sale,

Posts: 133 | Location: B.C. Canada  | Registered: 07 June 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hope it went to someone here, it is a beautiful rifle very well set up.

Posts: 1278 | Location: The Bluegrass State | Registered: 21 October 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of subsailor74
posted Hide Post
Potential buyer backed out of sale - rifle still very much available. Price reduced on GI to $18,000

One of Us
Picture of buckstix
posted Hide Post
PM sent.

" .... you never pay too much for something, you only buy it too early .... "

How to Hunt Wisconsin Whitetail Deer with a Cannon

How to Hunt Feral Cats with a Mortar

Posts: 2116 | Location: Whitetail Country - Wisconsin | Registered: 28 September 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Beautiful rifle! If I hadn’t ordered a new VC at DSC this year, I would be all over this.

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." Terry Pratchett.

Posts: 3507 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 25 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Lhook, I'm sure Ken is happy you didn't see it :-)

Posts: 20086 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Biebs:
Lhook, I'm sure Ken is happy you didn't see it :-)

I’m sure he is!

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." Terry Pratchett.

Posts: 3507 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 25 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of subsailor74
posted Hide Post
This top of the line VC double rifle is still available for sale - new cost would be over $28K. I am asking $18K or best offer. VC ABS case and fitted VC leather case included as well as Docter Red Dot sight with QD mount.

One of Us
Picture of subsailor74
posted Hide Post
Still available and in pristine condition - I am open to offers