THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    A sampling of V-C Big-Bore Doubles ...
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A sampling of V-C Big-Bore Doubles ...
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of CCMDoc
posted
Bwananelson's 600 Nitro Express

DoubleDon's 500 Nitro Express and 577 Nitro Express

CCMDoc's 600 Nitro Express

vagrouser's 500 Nitro Express

Here is Jorge's 450/400 450 Nitro Express 3 1/4" HeMan, Woman-Hater's Club Boomer as it comes along:

Sid Post's Verney-Carron 450/400

I'm sure there are more out there - srose has a 577.

If you have photos, post them here. For those waiting on their Verney-Carron, post photos here as well as in your "announcement" thread.

NRA Lifer; DSC Lifer; SCI member; DRSS; AR member since November 9 2003

Don't Save the best for last, the smile for later or the "Thanks" for tomorow

Posts: 3460 | Location: In the Shadow of Griffin&Howe | Registered: 24 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cane Rat
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CCMDoc:
If you have photos, post them here. For those waiting on their Verney-Carron, post photos here as well as in your "announcement" thread.

Okay. Here's my VC Azur Luxe .470NE. Wish I had your photography skills, sorry for the crappy pics.

Posts: 2767 | Location: The Peach State | Registered: 03 March 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CCMDoc
posted Hide Post
That's a real beauty, Andy. tu2

Posts: 3460 | Location: In the Shadow of Griffin&Howe | Registered: 24 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cane Rat
posted Hide Post
quote:
That's a real beauty, Andy. tu2

Thanks for the kind words, Paul. tu2

Your .600NE is simply drop-dead gorgeous and the engraving is among the best I have ever seen anywhere. The other rifles you pictured are also simply stunning. I just love VC doubles, they are fabulous.

Posts: 2767 | Location: The Peach State | Registered: 03 March 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
You know, you guys ain't helping me any here! Mine's still about four months away!!! Frowner

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
Cogswell & Harrison 375 Fl NE
Sabatti Big Five 375 FL Magnum NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 7143 | Location: Orange Park, Florida. USA | Registered: 22 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
Very nice Rifles. I think my Merkel needs an upgrade. Or at least a higher class partner to hang around with!! You can never have too many.

one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jorge:
You know, you guys ain't helping me any here! Mine's still about four months away!!! Frowner

Jorge old buddy it will be worth every munite of the wait! What I can't wait for is the pictures of it and you with your elephant on the ground!

................................... old

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CCMDoc
posted Hide Post
quote:

Yeah but Jorge, seeing these can only help you spend more money on your double by adding fancy doodads you don't really need. beer

One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
:::SIGH::: too late, just got off the phone with Ken and he tells me my rifle is already STOCKED Big Grin

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 7143 | Location: Orange Park, Florida. USA | Registered: 22 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CCMDoc
posted Hide Post
quote:
:::SIGH::: too late, just got off the phone with Ken and he tells me my rifle is already STOCKED Big Grin

shocker That can only mean that it will be in your hands sooner rather than later Cool tu2

Well when Ken sends you pics, make sure you put them here as well as your "announcement" thread!

beer

One of Us
Picture of JCS271
posted Hide Post
Sooooooo, if I took my (straight shooting) Sabatti back to Cabelas for the 5K refund, how much extra would one of those beauties cost me?

"The difference between adventure and disaster is preparation."
"The problem with quoting info from the internet is that you can never be sure it is accurate" Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1626 | Location: Montana Territory | Registered: 27 March 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DoubleDon
posted Hide Post
Gents

Just food for thought. I never bothered to ask Ken, even in passing, how my guns were doing until at very least the 4 1/2 month mark. Furthermore, I never asked for or received pix from the factory of my guns. Being considerate, I did not want to "wear him out". Perhaps I'm just older and have learned how to delay gratification. Figure it will take 6-7 months and be done with it. My Mom always told me "a watched never boils"! Big Grin

Deo Vindice,

Don

Sons of Confederate Veterans Black Horse Camp #780

Posts: 1696 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 01 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cane Rat
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JCS271:
Sooooooo, if I took my (straight shooting) Sabatti back to Cabelas for the 5K refund, how much extra would one of those beauties cost me?

Base models I believe start around $12K. One like mine runs around $16-$18K but it has most of the options like 4 stars wood, top and bottom extended tangs, steel grip cap with compartment, moustache bolsters, etc. Judging from the wood and engraving on some of the others that have been posted along with some of the options I see, like H&H style filets, for instance, and the fact that a couple are .577s and .600s I would add another $5-$7K over what mine cost.

One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
Patience is a sign of weakness Smiler

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

One of Us
Picture of DoubleDon
posted Hide Post
Snipers are patient, not weak. Wink

Deo Vindice,

Don

One of Us
Picture of CCMDoc
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DoubleDon:
Gents

Just food for thought. I never bothered to ask Ken, even in passing, how my guns were doing until at very least the 4 1/2 month mark. Furthermore, I never asked for or received pix from the factory of my guns. Being considerate, I did not want to "wear him out". Perhaps I'm just older and have learned how to delay gratification. Figure it will take 6-7 months and be done with it. My Mom always told me "a watched never boils"! Big Grin

I guess I'm just a PIA but I did enjoy getting and posting the updates. Plus I got to add some doodads as I went along Big Grin

One of Us
Picture of DoubleDon
posted Hide Post
quote:
I guess I'm just a PIA but I did enjoy getting and posting the updates. Plus I got to add some doodads as I went along Big Grin

Doc, don't get me wrong. We all greatly appriciate seeing the V-C guns at different stages. Thanks to all the guys who share as they get updates. As far as adding doodads, I knew exactly what I wanted when I ordered the guns. I actually told Ken "when I place my order, it's my final answer." And it was. I have no regrets and never looked back. Hope Bill and Adam continue to keep us posted. tu2

Deo Vindice,

Don

one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Man, you guys sure have nice toys!

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16368 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Dave Bush
posted Hide Post
I always though Cane Rat's .470 was a really nice gun. It's no Blaser S2 but really nice nevertheless Smiler

Dave
DRSS
Chapuis 9.3X74
Chapuis "Jungle" .375 FL
Krieghoff 500/.416 NE
Krieghoff 500 NE

"Git as close as y can laddie an then git ten yards closer"

"If the biggest, baddest animals on the planet are on the menu, and you'd rather pay a taxidermist than a mortician, consider the 500 NE as the last word in life insurance." Hornady Handbook of Cartridge Reloading (8th Edition).

Posts: 3728 | Location: Midwest | Registered: 26 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CCMDoc
posted Hide Post
Bill,
Thanks beer

Dave,
No need to rub our faces in it; let us be happy with what we have Big Grin

One of Us
Picture of Cane Rat
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dave Bush:
I always though Cane Rat's .470 was a really nice gun. It's no Blaser S2 but really nice nevertheless Smiler

Thanks, Dave! I really love the rifle and have become very attached to it. Doubles really are magical guns.

One of Us
Picture of Steve Ahrenberg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dave Bush:

For a ladies rifle Big Grin

Formerly "Nganga"

Posts: 3385 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: 26 April 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JCS271:

Depending on the caliber you are looking at about $13K plus for an ejector model. Not sure of the current waiting times but my 450/400 was ordered in October (nothing changed after it was ordered) and I am still waiting for it.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6601 | Location: Moving back to Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CCMDoc
posted Hide Post
Added Jorge's 450/400 450 Nitro Express 3 1/4"to my first post. salute BOOM

One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
Doc: It's a 450NE 3 1/4", 450/400 is a "girly man" caliber Smiler

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

One of Us
Picture of CCMDoc
posted Hide Post
Oops - will fix that and I won't comment on the "girlie-man" caliber.
shocker

One of Us
Picture of Cane Rat
posted Hide Post
quote:

That's what Sullivan and his pal Nganga keep saying about my .470 but I admit I'm not man enough to haul around a .577 or .600, I guess I either need to lay off the Scotch and cigars and get to the gym or else hire a gunbearer. Nah, I'll keep drinking and smoking and stick with the .470. Big Grin

One of Us
Picture of Steve Ahrenberg
posted Hide Post
CR,
His exact qoute is: "A .470 is a fine defensive weapon, but a dangerous offensive weapon"

Formerly "Nganga"

Posts: 3385 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: 26 April 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
Doc: that will be the next caliber I get. Love the 450/400! Smiler

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

One of Us
Picture of ozhunter
posted Hide Post
jorge,
I really like that stock of yours. Was It an up grade?

Posts: 5886 | Location: Sydney,Australia  | Registered: 03 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CCMDoc
posted Hide Post
quote:
Doc: that will be the next caliber I get. Love the 450/400! Smiler

Me too Jorge. beer

Trying to decide between another 450/400 Verney-Carron and 375 Flanged V-C next.

There's a nice Chapuis AGEX in 375 Flanged I'm considering too.

One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
I think my next will be the 375 Flanged set up for (gasp) claw mounts and scope. You listening Ken! Smiler

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

One of Us
Picture of CCMDoc
posted Hide Post
quote:
I think my next will be the 375 Flanged set up for (gasp) claw mounts and scope. You listening Ken! Smiler

Mine too except I prefer the Recknagel swing off mounts based upon my own experience and the advice of two extremely experienced double rifle hunters.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Why is it that I do not have any of these beauties in my collections. Those are all gorgeous!!!

Posts: 929 | Location: southern illinois | Registered: 29 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CCMDoc
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdoggy700:
Why is it that I do not have any of these beauties in my collections. Those are all gorgeous!!!

A call to Ken Buch (Kebco here on AR) some money and a few months and yours could be posted in this thread too!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

rotflmo

I'd still love to own one of those "girly man" caliber double rifles.

Best Regards,
Sid

All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
Alexis de Tocqueville

The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money.
Alexis de Tocqueville

Posts: 602 | Location: East Texas, USA | Registered: 16 June 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ozhunter:
jorge,
I really like that stock of yours. Was It an up grade?

Sorry Oz, missed your post. No it wasn't. It is as we say "Fleet Average." Not bad huh?

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

One of Us
Picture of CCMDoc
posted Hide Post
A new family member - little brother and big ...

One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
Beautiful! are those the Rechnagel mounts you speak of? Say, are you picking up that leftie 450/400 from Ken?

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

One of Us
Picture of CCMDoc
posted Hide Post
Hey Jorge,

Yes, those are the Recknagel mounts. Work great I just flipped the front around to slide the scope back a bit. Will play around with it for a while before deciding on scope position.

That left 450/400 that Ken just got in? I'm seriously thinking about it for my southpaw daughter.