THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    Who rechambers a Wesley Richards to 30.06?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Who rechambers a Wesley Richards to 30.06?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted

Posts: 1278 | Location: The Bluegrass State | Registered: 21 October 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If you will look at the photo of the barrel flats you will see that the gun was not rechambered,but rebarreled.

Posts: 348 | Location: South Carolina USA | Registered: 20 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good eye. I thought that the front sight ramp was pretty non conforming to the work westley Richards does.

Posts: 1278 | Location: The Bluegrass State | Registered: 21 October 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Colin Masters:
Good eye. I thought that the front sight ramp was pretty non conforming to the work westley Richards does.

Yes, it is not up to WR eye pleasing form and WR quality work to my mind. However, it may be what the owner was willing to pay.

Posts: 348 | Location: South Carolina USA | Registered: 20 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The front sight, front sight ramp sure makes for an ugly nose on that girl.

Maybe you could hunt with it with a paper bag over the muzzle.

Posts: 10836 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Dentist
posted Hide Post
Weaver/ Pica bases? shocker barf !? Disgusting on a WR Double

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Went to look and it has sold....

DRSS

Posts: 1905 | Location: Australia | Registered: 25 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Im thinking this one belonged to the same guy that is selling that 450-400 in the above post! rotflmo

You know its never amazed me more than the number of screwed up junk doubles out there and the number of suckers that jump on them and walk the isles of Safari club and gun shows showing them off with pride....junk is junk,double rifle or Mossberg..The best Ive seen is the seller who praised a double he had for sale with a list of animals someone said was killed by a previous owner, so this prospective buyer opens the action to check the bore, the seller blanced and the barrel went bouncing dowd the hall! rotflmo I couldn't keep a straight face on that one. the buyer who I knew vaguely asked me what I thought, I suggested he go sober up some and come back tomarrow..

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41833 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
gentlemen I happen to be the purchaser I find it odd the comments made knowing nothing about me or the seller or the rifle I am new here but have been reading for years is this what I am to expect here?please tell me it aint so

Posts: 12 | Location: midwest | Registered: 10 June 2020Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2barrel:
gentlemen I happen to be the purchaser I find it odd the comments made knowing nothing about me or the seller or the rifle I am new here but have been reading for years is this what I am to expect here?please tell me it aint so

It isn’t as bad as if had been rebarreled to 45/70.
Buffalo rig deluxe.

One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2barrel:

I would like a double in 30.06 Can you post a photo and maybe a comment on its accuracy?

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9867 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Fairgame,the rile looks way better than the pictures when advertised I really like it seems it was open sights and at some time someone added basses and a detachable scope I shot it at the range at 100 yds tough with the 4 power scope in the hot sun the best was a right and left 3'' apart on line a couple of pairs were 5'' apart I want to test it at 50yds plus open sights found out you have to get reservations for range im sorry Im not to good with computers don't know how to post pictures be can send of my phone to another phone or email,Dave

Posts: 12 | Location: midwest | Registered: 10 June 2020Reply With Quote