THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    Arrow laser shot shotgun mounting training device - good for double rifles?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Arrow laser shot shotgun mounting training device - good for double rifles?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I posted this in the shotgun section, but I wonder if you double guys might not be interested in this shotgun pointing/training device.

Very cool. Has a laser with various plugs for different gauges; you insert the laser and when you touch the trigger while wearing the trigger finder ring, a laser is projected to your aiming spot.

I could see right away when I don't get my face down on the stock, I shoot high.

I am guessing the 410 plug would work for 45 caliber bbls. 20 gauge might work for larger bores.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7570 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AnotherAZWriter:
I posted this in the shotgun section, but I wonder if you double guys might not be interested in this shotgun pointing/training device.

Very cool. Has a laser with various plugs for different gauges; you insert the laser and when you touch the trigger while wearing the trigger finder ring, a laser is projected to your aiming spot.

I could see right away when I don't get my face down on the stock, I shoot high.

I am guessing the 410 plug would work for 45 caliber bbls. 20 gauge might work for larger bores.

A-AZ-W It could help with training a new double rifle shooter to always use the same mount with either the shotgun or double rifle.
I can see where it might let a double rifle shooter to mount his rifle instinctively with some practice.

However, the bore of a double rifle is not
pointing at the same place on target till the rifle fires.
This "barrel time" on a double rifle moves the barrel to exit the muzzle left for the right barrel and to the right for left barrel, both when the bullet exits the muzzle being fired, so that they are regulated by the proper speed, and barrel time.

The above doesn't matter to a shotgun because of the size of the pattern both covering the point of aim enough it makes little difference when compared to the impact on target with a double rifle because of muzzle flip and being fitted with iron sights .

Still I can see where it would likely be a good device for teaching a new shooter of either type to be consistent with his/her mount on the gun before the trigger is pulled.
In my opinion, it would be worth a try!

……………………………………………………………………... old MacD

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote