THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    Holo sight mount for a Merkel 141
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Holo sight mount for a Merkel 141
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
A friend just picked up a Merkel 141 double in 30-06, and wants to mount a holo or dot sight on it. I'm hoping someone here has done it and can fill me in.

Posts: 20083 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I hope so too. I have a 140 Merkel in 9.3x74R and my eyes are going. Lately I have been thinking about the same thing and didn't known what to do because my rifle has no filler in the rib to add something like this.

Posts: 136 | Location: West Virginia | Registered: 04 March 2021Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'll let you know what he comes up with.

Posts: 20083 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of tanks
posted Hide Post
Talk to JJ at https://jjperodeau.com/

He will cut into the rib (similar to how Heym comes from the factory) and enable it.

He has a mount for Trijicon that works as well.

Posts: 1083 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: 01 January 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes, he's looking at that or a Recknagel pivot mount.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Trijicon actually makes a mount that works on my Merkel it has a cutout. Bought it off eBay pretty cheap. RMR style mount

White Mountains Arizona

Posts: 2846 | Registered: 31 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wow, thanks!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I believe I made thread about this and that’s how I found it on here. Very nice setup

White Mountains Arizona

Posts: 2846 | Registered: 31 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I just put a kahles helia on my Merkel 140. The Merkel had a dovetail removable plate , most I have seen do. I think it was around a 15 mm dovetail. Optics trade Eu had mounts in stock , I ordered a hillenberger and another and they were at my home from Europe to Western Canada in 4 days.

The Kahles worked perfect, really helped me dialing in the 470.

Posts: 227 | Location: Edmonton | Registered: 10 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good to know...thanks.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I would put on a Docter Optic, now Noblex, or equivalent. It’s a tiny reflex sight. The key is to get it low enough. Most mounts are too high.

Quick, Cheap, or Good: Pick Two

Posts: 2140 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 18 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Brain1
posted Hide Post
Does your Merkel have the optics base plate on top at rear of barrels?
If so, look at an RM58 from trijicon.

You can borrow money, but you can't borrow time. Don't wait, go now.
Savannah Safaris Namibia
Otjitambi Trails & Safaris
DRSS
NRA
SCI
DSC
TSRA
TMPA

Posts: 1235 | Location: Bridgeport, Tx | Registered: 20 May 2005Reply With Quote