New
Find
Notify
Tools

Shopping in Kazakhstan
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Did a bit of shopping three nights ago and landed a Sabatti 9.3x74. Emailed Cabelas' Gun Room in Buda Texas with a Q if they had any in the system. Next morning a reply, "Yep, just found one in the back here in Buda. Just came in, haven't even looked at it, none in any other stores it appears. It's yours if you want it." I request pictures of the rifle and target. Next day there is the email with photos. Final pair inside 1 1/8". Sold. I am home in a month or so for my 28 day rotation leave and can't wait to pick it up. I have been eyeing 9.3's for the past year just not able to pull the trigger. Pleased to have waited. Now to shop dies and brass. Already have a bunch of bullets having been a long time 9,3x62 user. Gotta love the internet, especially when you are in Bum$*^@ nowhere.

Now, two other Q's. Is the stock attached with a through-bolt or via the tang? Has anyone shot the RWS ammo that Grafs has on clearance in theirs?

Posts: 1572 | Location: Either far north Idaho or Hill Country Texas depending upon the weather | Registered: 26 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Through bolt on the stock.
Enjoy, I love mine.
Rick

DRSS

Posts: 707 | Location: Gulf coast SW Fla. USA | Registered: 21 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have shot RWS through my 9.3. it is a Zoli.

What do you want to know ?

Is it safe - Yes

Will it regulate - try it. One lot did in mine, the other didn't.

Posts: 3191 | Location: Victoria, Australia | Registered: 01 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You answered my question. Thanks.

Posts: 1572 | Location: Either far north Idaho or Hill Country Texas depending upon the weather | Registered: 26 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Mike Brooks
posted Hide Post
If all else fails RWS brass is very good quality.

I was in Astana and Timertau Kstan. about a year ago. Big Grin

NRA Life
ASSRA Life
DRSS

Today's Quote:
Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a free cell phone with free monthly minutes, food stamps, section 8 housing, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.

Posts: 4096 | Location: Cherkasy Ukraine  | Registered: 19 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am in Atyrau for a couple of weeks worth of project grounding and safety training then off-shore 80 km's in the north Caspian helping manage the balance of construction of the Kashagan project there.