THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    Krieghoff Factory Regulation Load
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Krieghoff Factory Regulation Load
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Bought a used 450-400 K-Gun recently at took it to the range today for the first time. Hornady factory 400gr. DGS solids regulated well if a bit low (~5" at 50 yards).

The factory regulation specifies a 400gr. solid but not a brand or velocity. I am planning to handload for it but wanted to see whether anyone had any Cliffs Notes for me before I begin.

Planning on trying CEB, Hornady and Woodleigh solids, probably with RL-15 for starters.

Appreciate any info.

Posts: 988 | Location: AL | Registered: 13 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You might call Krieghoff in PA. With the serial number, they may be able to look it up and see what factory ammunition was used for regulation. Alex Diehl is a good contact there.

Posts: 20083 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks- I called them but have yet to hear back, I will try Alex. Appreciate it.

One of Us
Picture of Bill73
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Woodhits:
Bought a used 450-400 K-Gun recently at took it to the range today for the first time. Hornady factory 400gr. DGS solids regulated well if a bit low (~5" at 50 yards).

The factory regulation specifies a 400gr. solid but not a brand or velocity. I am planning to handload for it but wanted to see whether anyone had any Cliffs Notes for me before I begin.

Planning on trying CEB, Hornady and Woodleigh solids, probably with RL-15 for starters.

Appreciate any info.

Easy caliber to load for,call Hornady,tell them you plan on shooting their bullets,they will give you load data no problem,worked for me.

DRSS

Posts: 2277 | Location: MI | Registered: 20 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
I have one; very accurate and no recoil because they use the same barrels for everything and it is muzzle heavy.
However, if you fling any 400 grain at 2050-2100 or so, it will shoot. I use only Hornady DGS and DGX.
If you don't try to hold it like a bench rest rifle.

Posts: 17094 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Appreciate everyone's comments. Hornady did provide me with some load data and I will use that as a starting point.