THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    Opinion on value, plz- Gogswell & Harrison .450-400
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Opinion on value, plz- Gogswell & Harrison .450-400
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of 3584ELK
posted
Would really like some opinions on value for this rifle.

Thx in advance!

https://www.proxibid.com/Cogsw...Information/53585313

Merkel 140A- .470NE
Beretta Vittoria- 12 Ga.
J.P. Sauer & Sohn Type B- 9.3x64mm
ArmaLite AR-10A4- 7.62x51mm
Franchi Highlander- 12 Ga.
Marlin 1894 CB Limited- .41 Magnum
Remington 722- .244 Rem.
and many, many more.

An honest man learns to keep his horse saddled.

Posts: 592 | Location: Lake Andes, SD | Registered: 15 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cal pappas
posted Hide Post
It's been restocked and cheaply re blued. Several months ago it was offered at $6500. Many have emailed me to ask my opinion of the rifle. I placed a value on it months ago at $3-3500 tops. I mean it's better than a Sabatti but the cost to return it to it's original glory would be cost prohibitive. If the restock was done to original lines what would have been a strong plus--but it was not. I would buy it for 3K for a shooter in the rains of Alaska's hunt season but that's all. There is a reson it has not sold and the price keeps going south.
Cal

Cal Pappas, Willow, Alaska
www.CalPappas.com
www.CalPappas.blogspot.com
1994 Zimbabwe
1997 Zimbabwe
1998 Zimbabwe
1999 Zimbabwe
1999 Namibia, Botswana, Zambia--vacation
2000 Australia
2002 South Africa
2003 South Africa
2003 Zimbabwe
2005 South Africa
2005 Zimbabwe
2006 Tanzania
2006 Zimbabwe--vacation
2007 Zimbabwe--vacation
2008 Zimbabwe
2012 Australia
2013 South Africa
2013 Zimbabwe
2013 Australia
2016 Zimbabwe
2017 Zimbabwe
2018 South Africa
2018 Zimbabwe--vacation
2019 South Africa
2019 Botswana
2019 Zimbabwe vacation
2021 South Africa
2021 South Africa (2nd hunt a month later)

Posts: 7281 | Location: Willow, Alaska | Registered: 29 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of sambarman338
posted Hide Post
It looks clean but kind of minimalist for a London rifle, and the angles on the grip cap look a bit naff. Considering the economic collapse happening under Covid19, I wouldn't offer any more than $15,000.

Posts: 4942 | Location: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: 31 March 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 3584ELK
posted Hide Post
Thank you, gentlemen!

Merkel 140A- .470NE
Beretta Vittoria- 12 Ga.
Remington 722- .244 Rem.
and many, many more.

Posts: 592 | Location: Lake Andes, SD | Registered: 15 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It has been offered here before.

Posts: 1278 | Location: The Bluegrass State | Registered: 21 October 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Assuming the bores are ok i'd say $3000. That's a terrible restock in every way.

C&H rifles tend to test the bottom of the market even when the market is good. The only thing good about this rifle is the caliber. I think one would be better to wait for something else to come up for sale.

One of Us
Picture of cal pappas
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sambarman338:
It looks clean but kind of minimalist for a London rifle, and the angles on the grip cap look a bit naff. Considering the economic collapse happening under Covid19, I wouldn't offer any more than $15,000.

$15000 Really?
Must be a typo from $1500.
C

www.CalPappas.com
1994 Zimbabwe
1997 Zimbabwe
1998 Zimbabwe
1999 Zimbabwe
2000 Australia
2002 South Africa
2003 South Africa
2003 Zimbabwe
2005 South Africa
2005 Zimbabwe
2006 Tanzania
2006 Zimbabwe--vacation
2007 Zimbabwe--vacation
2008 Zimbabwe
2012 Australia
2013 South Africa
2013 Zimbabwe
2013 Australia
2016 Zimbabwe
2017 Zimbabwe
2018 South Africa
2018 Zimbabwe--vacation
2019 South Africa
2019 Botswana
2019 Zimbabwe vacation
2021 South Africa

Posts: 7281 | Location: Willow, Alaska | Registered: 29 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cal pappas
posted Hide Post
Fellas:
A gentleman with far more knowledge of doubles than I just emailed me an observation that must be shared with you. I have seen this photo of the barrel flats/lumps prior and this totally escaped me.

Note the rear lump. It is not original and is a replacement. Notice the space where it fits into the recess. This rifle is absolutely NOT safe to shoot with nitro pressures.

I kept the photo to a large format to easily see the issue.
Cal

www.CalPappas.com
1994 Zimbabwe
1997 Zimbabwe
1998 Zimbabwe
1999 Zimbabwe
2000 Australia
2002 South Africa
2003 South Africa
2003 Zimbabwe
2005 South Africa
2005 Zimbabwe
2006 Tanzania
2006 Zimbabwe--vacation
2007 Zimbabwe--vacation
2008 Zimbabwe
2012 Australia
2013 South Africa
2013 Zimbabwe
2013 Australia
2016 Zimbabwe
2017 Zimbabwe
2018 South Africa
2018 Zimbabwe--vacation
2019 South Africa
2019 Botswana
2019 Zimbabwe vacation
2021 South Africa

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Criminal!

Posts: 348 | Location: South Carolina USA | Registered: 20 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Cal is correct that it would be cost prohibitive to restore and then dollars spent on pennies. Never recoup your cost. I owned a CH in 450-400 3 1/4. With 50 yard standing leaf it shot about 8 inches high. Needed a few other things but I had acquired it so cheap and made a very small profit when I sold it. Buyer knew about the high poa. I thought a new front sight would look garish. No more CH's for me.

one of us
Picture of 3584ELK
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by cal pappas:
Fellas:
A gentleman with far more knowledge of doubles than I just emailed me an observation that must be shared with you. I have seen this photo of the barrel flats/lumps prior and this totally escaped me.

Note the rear lump. It is not original and is a replacement. Notice the space where it fits into the recess. This rifle is absolutely NOT safe to shoot with nitro pressures.

Cal

Thank you for the education. To verify, the parting line visible around the rear lump would normally be joined with a weld or braze/ silver solder?

Merkel 140A- .470NE
Beretta Vittoria- 12 Ga.
Remington 722- .244 Rem.
and many, many more.

One of Us
Picture of cal pappas
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 3584ELK:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by cal pappas:
Fellas:

Cal

Thank you for the education. To verify, the parting line visible around the rear lump would normally be joined with a weld or braze/ silver solder?

Yes. Around the rear lump (by the extractor plate) is a space what should be soldered or brazed solid. Compare it to the front lump. The rear lump has been replaced. Why is anyone's guess, but the work was done poorly--as was the blue job and the cheap stock. This rifle should not be sold. I called the auction company and they have not returned my message.
C

www.CalPappas.com
1994 Zimbabwe
1997 Zimbabwe
1998 Zimbabwe
1999 Zimbabwe
2000 Australia
2002 South Africa
2003 South Africa
2003 Zimbabwe
2005 South Africa
2005 Zimbabwe
2006 Tanzania
2006 Zimbabwe--vacation
2007 Zimbabwe--vacation
2008 Zimbabwe
2012 Australia
2013 South Africa
2013 Zimbabwe
2013 Australia
2016 Zimbabwe
2017 Zimbabwe
2018 South Africa
2018 Zimbabwe--vacation
2019 South Africa
2019 Botswana
2019 Zimbabwe vacation
2021 South Africa

One of Us
Picture of sambarman338
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cal pappas:

$15000 Really?
Must be a typo from $1500.
C

If you like, Cal. It would seem we were typing at the same time and your post hit the thread first.

I bow to your wisdom, of course, and it amazes me any London rifle in reasonable condition would be offered that cheap - not that it might be any better than a Merkel, just that English makers have tickets on themselves.

Your knowledge of the particular rifle is crucial, too, but it would seem 'London's Oldest Gunmaker' has gone over a few dry gullies.

Posts: 4942 | Location: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: 31 March 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of husky
posted Hide Post
The wood to metal fit, looks like the stock and fore end is made by a chinese child during the night shift in Wuhan during the pandemic.

Posts: 1134 | Location: Sweden | Registered: 28 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of carpediem4570
posted Hide Post
OOOOOOHHH sambarman:

Them's fightin words.

Comparing this old CH, which has seen better days to a Merkel.

I'll have what your having, only 10 milligrams. dancing

Kind regards,

Carpediem

No politician who supports gun control should recieve armed protection paid for by those he is trying to disarm.

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways-scotch in one hand-Chocolate in the other-body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WHOO-HOO, WHAT A RIDE!!"

Madly Off In All Directions

One Of Us
posted Hide Post
I WOULDN'T, and it's a 31/4" too...
Cheers,

470EDDY

Posts: 2557 | Location: The Other Washington | Registered: 24 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of sambarman338
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by carpediem4570:
OOOOOOHHH sambarman:

Them's fightin words.

Comparing this old CH, which has seen better days to a Merkel.

I'll have what your having, only 10 milligrams. dancing

Kind regards,

Carpediem

I beg your pardon, Carpediem, but I'm not sure which you think is worse - a worn-out CH or a Merkel (condition unstated).

One of Us
posted Hide Post
This Double came out of a estate we purchased that had multiple doubles & big bores in it. This one has set in the safe and we are running it through the auction and it will sell to the highest bidder. I took plenty of pictures to show the gun Its obvious the bluing has been redone and the wood too.

Cal I got your message & I have nothing to say to you. I think you are wrong when it comes to this gun being unsafe to shoot. If I had ammo I would drop them in and shoot it without worry. This gun has obviously been used after the rebuild so someone has shot it. Rifling is great and bores are good.

That’s all I can say about it no it’s not a 15k double but I think it’s a 4k-4500 affordable double in a very classic caliber.

Posts: 603 | Registered: 16 September 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Cal;

I ascertain that you understand the UK Rules of Proof of English made small arms and further that more specifically that you understand that in Part 1 "General" section 5 (page 7 of 2006 Rules of Proof) of these Rules of Proof you can read the following last sentence of section 5 as related to barrels: "For the purpose of this rule any alteration to, or replacement of any highly stressed Action or Breech component part marked as Proved, shall render the Arm out of Proof or Unproved".

I also assume that you understand that the proof laws of the UK are not enforceable in the USA. And that further you know that the UK proof laws and rules were established to protect the life and limb of purchasers of small arms. And that further you know that in the UK as well as Europe anyone selling a Unproved small arms is subject to the force of law. And that you also know that even though the UK Proof Laws are not applicable and enforceable in the USA, a purchaser of a small arm of English make is prudent to avail himself of advice on whether such a small arm presented for sale is considered to be out of Proof by these rules of proof and that the subsequent firing of the small arm without Reproof by the UK Proof Houses could subject the shooter to loss of life and or limb.

Many consider your observations and advice in such matters valuable.

Posts: 348 | Location: South Carolina USA | Registered: 20 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cal pappas
posted Hide Post
Transvaal:
Thank you for your confidence in my knowledge of British proof laws. My concern is only the safety in shooting the weapon, not anything to do with originality as the rifle has been re finsihed and restocked. I will reply to NTO below. Again, thanks for your kind words.

NTO:
The sum total of my posts about this rifle is not personal as I didn't know it was yours. I have no issues with the refinishing and restocking of the rifle--many are sold as such and many who wish to own a vintage English double find such as double as yours a way to obtain one due to the reduced money. However...

There is a safety issue with this rifle. You have not fired the rifle and can only speculate of its use in the past. I understand you bought an estate with the hope of reselling for a profit (in total, perhaps not this particular rifle). The replacement lump is an issue of safety not originality. I doubt the rifle will come apart upon the first shot. Maybe not after 10 or 20. From my knowledge of doubles it is not a question of "if" but "when".

While the nature of the replaced lump probably will not cause the rifle to come apart, it will render the rifle unusable and at additional cost to the buyer to repair it (properly).

From the quality of the stock and the refinish the work done on this rifle was quick and to do so at the lowest cost possible--it is not quality work (that's ok and it's evident by the price and a visual inspection). I feel it is safe to state the same ethic was done with the lump replacement--a quick job to save cost. And while the stock the metal finish will not be a safety issue, the lump will. Myself, and others who have commented to me via email and PM honestly believe you are setting yourself up for liability should the buyer have issues with this rifle in the future and it was not disclosed the potential problems. The auction company may also have responsibility as the issue has been rasied here.

I'm sorry you have nothing to say to me after my phome message. Again, it was not personal as I didn't know who was selling the rifle. I hope you will let the buyer know of this thread so he (or she) can make an informed decision.

Cheers to all involved and who commented.
Cal

www.CalPappas.com
1994 Zimbabwe
1997 Zimbabwe
1998 Zimbabwe
1999 Zimbabwe
2000 Australia
2002 South Africa
2003 South Africa
2003 Zimbabwe
2005 South Africa
2005 Zimbabwe
2006 Tanzania
2006 Zimbabwe--vacation
2007 Zimbabwe--vacation
2008 Zimbabwe
2012 Australia
2013 South Africa
2013 Zimbabwe
2013 Australia
2016 Zimbabwe
2017 Zimbabwe
2018 South Africa
2018 Zimbabwe--vacation
2019 South Africa
2019 Botswana
2019 Zimbabwe vacation
2021 South Africa

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Transvaal:
Thank you for your confidence in my knowledge of British proof laws. My concern is only the safety in shooting the weapon, not anything to do with originality as the rifle has been re finsihed and restocked. I will reply to NTO below. Again, thanks for your kind words.

NTO:
The sum total of my posts about this rifle is not personal as I didn't know it was yours. I have no issues with the refinishing and restocking of the rifle--many are sold as such and many who wish to own a vintage English double find such as double as yours a way to obtain one due to the reduced money. However...

There is a safety issue with this rifle. You have not fired the rifle and can only speculate of its use in the past. I understand you bought an estate with the hope of reselling for a profit (in total, perhaps not this particular rifle). The replacement lump is an issue of safety not originality. I doubt the rifle will come apart upon the first shot. Maybe not after 10 or 20. From my knowledge of doubles it is not a question of "if" but "when".

While the nature of the replaced lump probably will not cause the rifle to come apart, it will render the rifle unusable and at additional cost to the buyer to repair it (properly).

From the quality of the stock and the refinish the work done on this rifle was quick and to do so at the lowest cost possible--it is not quality work (that's ok and it's evident by the price and a visual inspection). I feel it is safe to state the same ethic was done with the lump replacement--a quick job to save cost. And while the stock the metal finish will not be a safety issue, the lump will. Myself, and others who have commented to me via email and PM honestly believe you are setting yourself up for liability should the buyer have issues with this rifle in the future and it was not disclosed the potential problems. The auction company may also have responsibility as the issue has been rasied here.
Cheers to all involved and who commented.
Cal

Great Post...classy guy

Posts: 973 | Location: USA | Registered: 10 November 2019Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cal pappas
posted Hide Post
Update:
First of all, thank you, Alfredo for the kind words.

Secondly as of this posting the bidding on the rifle is up to $3200 with a bit over 12 hours remaining. It appears the auction company and the owner have ignored my phone call about the rifle and my suggestion to let potential buyers know the complete situation.

Thirdly, it has come to my attention (from a gentleman with far greater knowledge than I) that the two proof houses in England would not pass this rifle on the visual proof nor pass it with the repair as done. It is unacceptable to mill away the original lump and fit another into the slot.

Fourth. The double rifle world is a small one and this rifle may surface in the future with the new buyer. If any of you fine AR gents see this rifle in the future, please put me in contact with the new owner or PM me the information.

Cheers, gents. AR fellas are the best (except for maybe a few on the political forum LOL).
Cal

PS. One hour later and the bidding is now at $4000.

www.CalPappas.com
1994 Zimbabwe
1997 Zimbabwe
1998 Zimbabwe
1999 Zimbabwe
2000 Australia
2002 South Africa
2003 South Africa
2003 Zimbabwe
2005 South Africa
2005 Zimbabwe
2006 Tanzania
2006 Zimbabwe--vacation
2007 Zimbabwe--vacation
2008 Zimbabwe
2012 Australia
2013 South Africa
2013 Zimbabwe
2013 Australia
2016 Zimbabwe
2017 Zimbabwe
2018 South Africa
2018 Zimbabwe--vacation
2019 South Africa
2019 Botswana
2019 Zimbabwe vacation
2021 South Africa

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Cal,

No grudge held you gave me your opinion on the voicemail about the gun and that’s fine everyone is entitled to your own opinion that’s what makes all the forums work. And our opinion is different on this gun.

Guns are sold as is it’s the purchaser to decide about the firearms they purchase I take plenty of pictures for the new buyers to see what they are getting. We have only been in the gun auction business a few yrs and strive to keep our buyers happy and have had good luck with all we sell.

I also had this for sale here and other forums and I have a great track record selling and buying if I would have though in any way this rifle was unsafe it would have never went for sale. To be honest if it wasn’t such a hard to find cartridge I would have kept it but between that and hoping for another trip to Moz in Oct it needs to go.

One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
I guess the old adage caveat emptoris still alive today!
I once told George Caswell of Champlin Firearms that I didn't think any one would ever get a "deal" on something he was selling. However, they most certainly would know all there is to know about the gun, it's history and condition. George smiled and said, "No other way to stay in this business!"
I've always admired George for that!

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cal pappas
posted Hide Post
I watched the live auction. I guess over the weeks people bid on the internet and the high bid on the 'net for this rifle was $4000. At the live auction the bidding begins at the high internet bid. No one bid further so the hammer price was $4000. Add 20% for the house (I beleive the house is also the seller) so some poor bastard is out $4800, plus shipping, packing, etc.

The rifle was sold "as is." I always believed "as is" was to protect the seller for unforseen problems that come to light in the future. I never thought "as is" meant not to disclose a known problem. The auction website states:

8. All sales are final. All items are sold "AS, IS". When the auctioneer declares an item it becomes the property of the buyer and at that time the buyer assumes full responsibility of the merchandise. Items must be paid in full before possession is granted to the buyer.

I have a few emails and PMs on this issue. From one disgusted gent, "Shame on him, no different than a Nigerian email scammer or used car salesman."

It will be interesting if this rifle comes to light in the future and the major flaw is pointed out then. Usually they do as the double rifle community is quite small. Several years after I published my book on the .600 caliber a fella called me that one of the rifles in my book was stolen from him a dozen years prior. What comes around, comes around. Of couse I notified the proper authorities and the insurance company that paid on the claim.

In closing, what say you gentlemen, on the definition of "as is."

Cheers,
Cal

www.CalPappas.com
1994 Zimbabwe
1997 Zimbabwe
1998 Zimbabwe
1999 Zimbabwe
2000 Australia
2002 South Africa
2003 South Africa
2003 Zimbabwe
2005 South Africa
2005 Zimbabwe
2006 Tanzania
2006 Zimbabwe--vacation
2007 Zimbabwe--vacation
2008 Zimbabwe
2012 Australia
2013 South Africa
2013 Zimbabwe
2013 Australia
2016 Zimbabwe
2017 Zimbabwe
2018 South Africa
2018 Zimbabwe--vacation
2019 South Africa
2019 Botswana
2019 Zimbabwe vacation
2021 South Africa

One of Us
posted Hide Post
You can read through the catalog if any problem is know it is pointed out.

Now that double there is no problem. It’s only you Cal saying someone who knows says it’s not right. This is not a flaw just someone assuming it’s not right because it’s not the way they would fix it.

And every auction house sells “As Is” this is no new concept or snake oil salesman tactics.

One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
NTO,
please tell us about the rifle. What work has been done on the original rifle?

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What I know is it came out of a old mans estate I purchased it on the same auction site it sold on a few yrs ago. Was built in Sept 6th 1911 and C&H will give you all the info if you pay I just never did.
Wood, Bluing, & Case Color has been redone at some point I do not know when or by who. There are no Cracks, Pits, Rust, or any know flaws with the gun locks up tight and I bet makes the new owner a nice piece.

I have nothing else to say about this subject. I can lay my head down at night with a clear mind knowing we sell guns with the best intent to both buyer & seller.

One of Us
Picture of Aaron Little
posted Hide Post
I’m with Cal on this one, just a sketchy way to fix an issue...for which I couldn’t come close to guessing why it was done. I’m curious if the new lump is dovetailed, or brazed/soldered in. Either way, if the gun was to end up in my shop it wouldn’t get worked on.

http://www.facebook.com/profil...p?id=100001646464847

A.M. Little Bespoke Gunmakers LLC
682-554-0044
Michael08TDK@yahoo.com

Posts: 1021 | Location: Mineola, TX | Registered: 15 October 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
This is why I always call Aaron or JJ with questions as they have the correct answers and have saved me from getting in over my head. Same with buying from Holts, Diggory Hadoke is kind enough to examine. Both Aaron and JJ have done tremendous work for me and, when you have a question, ask.

one of us
Picture of 3584ELK
posted Hide Post
Agreed, Dutch. The fine folks on this forum saved me from making a mistake. I much appreciate it- I have paid plenty of "stupid tax" in my time, trying to reduce every day!

Mark

Merkel 140A- .470NE
Beretta Vittoria- 12 Ga.
Remington 722- .244 Rem.
and many, many more.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
When buying at auction, especially online, there's no substitute for an honest auctioneer who wants you as a customer tomorrow too.

My old (+- 1880) .45/70 double isn't in the same league with most of the rifles discussed here but the folks at Dan Morphy Auctions went out of their way to find out all they could for me and I'm confident they didn't know of any potential issue with it without disclosing it.

Which is what any good auctioneer will do.

"If you’re innocent why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?”- Donald Trump

Posts: 9535 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of husky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Fellas:

Cal

Is the barrels shoe lumped? Not chopper lump for sure. I just can't figure out why the rifle has been 'repaired' the way it is.

Posts: 1134 | Location: Sweden | Registered: 28 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Here in Texas we'd refer to that kind of work as "Fucked up"! Eeker

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!

one of us
posted Hide Post
Its a cluster for sure..From the looks of the water table Im betting the barrels are rough, the blue is akin to Licorice,and the stock is a replacement and out of specs for a Cogswell, even the wrong color for a Cogswell..the checkering is befitting a Mossberg shotgun, and the recoil pad installation tip is out of angle with the bottom stock line...make better firewood and horseshoes..

Other than that it a pretty indecent rifle.. rotflmo

I honestly think the above $1500 price suggestin would be a good offer, were it mine, which it never would or will be, I'd jump on that offer.

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41813 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote