New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bradshaw Double Finished!
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Today I picked up my double built by Bailey Bradshaw, and it is exquisite! It is the new Rising Block design, where the barrel set raises vertically to open the chamber for loading and ejection instead of the typical hinged breech. I had barrel sets made in 500 NE and 450-400, and the gun is regulated with Hornady ammunition. An older British style is maintained with a splinter forend, top and bottom tangs, and long 27" barrels. The engraving is deep relief, with guilded accents.
Some of the photos here were taken during the build process.

Posts: 20075 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
Gorgeous! I love the rising block design, it's such a cool look.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12501 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
Can you get BB to mass produce the actions? It is too cool of a design to have so few in the wild.

577 BME 3"500 KILL ALL 358 GREMLIN 404-375

*we band of 45-70ers* (Founder)
Single Shot Shooters Society S.S.S.S. (Founder)

Posts: 27589 | Location: Where tech companies are trying to control you and brainwash you. | Registered: 29 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
Awesome wood. Wow!

Life itself is a gift. Live it up if you can.

Posts: 5086 | Location: Near Hershey PA | Registered: 12 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Back when Adam and Clay owned Luxus Walnut, they selected that blank from their private collection. It was listed at $4,000, but they cut me a deal for half-price. I do love my Marblecake :-)

Posts: 20075 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That is an amazing stock. The rest of the rifle is pretty cool too!

I can't wait to see some animals with it. When will you go hunt with it?

Cheers,

Bob

DRSS

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, why are they made out of meat?"

Posts: 810 | Location: MT | Registered: 14 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bill73
posted Hide Post
Enjoy this beauty tu2

DRSS

Posts: 2277 | Location: MI | Registered: 20 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm hunting now for a fitted case to hold the stock and two barrel sets.

One of Us
Picture of Aaron Little
posted Hide Post
Yay!

http://www.facebook.com/profil...p?id=100001646464847

A.M. Little Bespoke Gunmakers LLC
682-554-0044
Michael08TDK@yahoo.com

Posts: 1017 | Location: Mineola, TX | Registered: 15 October 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Aaron, thanks for your help along the way.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
That is a stunning double Jon. Congratulations. Do you have a trip to Africa in the works?

Posts: 157 | Location: san francisco bay area | Registered: 23 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've been 16 times. Not sure if I have another one in me.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well done.
Almost as stunning as a Blaser!!!

Posts: 10094 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cal pappas
posted Hide Post
Interesting, wonderful, and an amazing piece of wood. Congratulations to you and the maker.
Cal
PS. Is this classified as an assult weapon in New Jersey?

Cal Pappas, Willow, Alaska
www.CalPappas.com
www.CalPappas.blogspot.com
1994 Zimbabwe
1997 Zimbabwe
1998 Zimbabwe
1999 Zimbabwe
1999 Namibia, Botswana, Zambia--vacation
2000 Australia
2002 South Africa
2003 South Africa
2003 Zimbabwe
2005 South Africa
2005 Zimbabwe
2006 Tanzania
2006 Zimbabwe--vacation
2007 Zimbabwe--vacation
2008 Zimbabwe
2012 Australia
2013 South Africa
2013 Zimbabwe
2013 Australia
2016 Zimbabwe
2017 Zimbabwe
2018 South Africa
2018 Zimbabwe--vacation
2019 South Africa
2019 Botswana
2019 Zimbabwe vacation
2021 South Africa
2021 South Africa (2nd hunt a month later)

Posts: 7281 | Location: Willow, Alaska | Registered: 29 June 2009Reply With Quote
One Of Us
posted Hide Post
SPECTACULAR!! Congratulations to you Biebs and Admiration to Bailey for a great build!!
Cheers,

470EDDY

Posts: 2539 | Location: The Other Washington | Registered: 24 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
PS. Is this classified as an assult weapon in New Jersey?

Cal, I'm sure it is, along with BB guns, Airsoft , muzzleloaders, etc :-(

One of Us
posted Hide Post
DAMN! Cool Ele at 5 yards to plains game at 200, You have it nicely covered Sir.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Jerry, I can handle the 5 yards.....200, not so sure. I do have a video of Bailey shooting a silhouette pig at 237 yards with the gun, though.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Biebs, You gotta kill something with that beauty. Maybe book a bison hunt? Stunning example of a gunmakers talents.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6590 | Location: Cumberland Plateau, Tennessee | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Biebs:
Jerry, I can handle the 5 yards.....200, not so sure. I do have a video of Bailey shooting a silhouette pig at 237 yards with the gun, though.

LOL, damn right, you can do it too, learn the sights, using a good set of sticks, lean left shoulder and upper back into a tree or PH's shoulder standing braced into your back 90 degrees off, you'll be rock steady for the shot.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Damn Biebs, I have been drooling over that thing on his website and now I find out it went to NJ, LOL

I will be laying awake at night, checking the classified on here for an almost new Bradshaw rifle for the rest of my life now!!

Congrats on a fine piece

Posts: 1012 | Location: Imperial, NE | Registered: 05 January 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
It's beautiful Biebs! Thanks for posting pics.

Posts: 1720 | Location: Maryland | Registered: 17 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi Jon.

Congrats on a beautyful rifle. How does it shoot ?

Morten

The more I know, the less I wonder !

Posts: 1137 | Location: Oslo area, Norway | Registered: 26 June 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Morten, it needs a couple tweaks to the action and it'll be ready to go.

One of Us
Picture of carpediem4570
posted Hide Post
Would love to see some of video of this gun in action. Loading, shooting, ejection, reloading and so on.

Kind regards,

Carpediem

No politician who supports gun control should recieve armed protection paid for by those he is trying to disarm.

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways-scotch in one hand-Chocolate in the other-body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WHOO-HOO, WHAT A RIDE!!"

Madly Off In All Directions

One of Us
posted Hide Post

One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
quote:
https://youtu.br/3Swbi8x99OE

Pretty cool how that action works.

One of Us
posted Hide Post

One of Us
Picture of Canuck32
posted Hide Post
I have a question about when the gun is closed, is the top part of the shell case head still exposed?

I’m referring to the picture that’s 4th up from bottom on first post.

Posts: 615 | Location: Alberta | Registered: 17 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
No, the bases disappear when the action is closed.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Damn Biebs! That is a beautiful rifle.

Karl Evans

Posts: 2723 | Location: Emhouse, Tx | Registered: 03 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Karl, I ordered it at DSC :-)

one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
Bradshaw is a genius IMO! That is a beautiful rifle, and certainly a break from the rest of the double rifles made here to fore! It is not only well designed, but well appointed in wood, and engraving. The only thing on that rifle that I dislike is the swing safety. I much prefer the slide safety, but if I could afford that rifle I wouldn't turn it down simply because I didn't like the safety.
…...…….........…...……...Great and beautiful rifle! tu2 old

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Mac. It was worth the wait.

one of us
Picture of packrattusnongratus
posted Hide Post
A marvelous piece of work for even a Blaser shooter. Be Well, Packy.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Not a Blaser, for sure.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Karl, I ordered it at DSC :-)

Glad you did, why not bring it to DSC and show it off. And, if you have time I’ll try to set you up to shoot a couple of pigs with it?

Karl Evans

Posts: 2723 | Location: Emhouse, Tx | Registered: 03 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Karl, are they 500NE pigs or 450-400 pigs? :-)

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Why...both, we have .22 lr pigs and .600 nitro pigs, shoot ‘em with whatever you have, just shoot ‘em. Honestly, most are 100 - 150 pounds. I’ve shot them with everything from .17 Rem to .505 Gibbs, they all work just fine.

Karl Evans

one of us
posted Hide Post
Impressive!

Posts: 11651 | Location: Montreal | Registered: 07 November 2002Reply With Quote