Picture of richj
posted
Saw this in person for the first time:
416 Rem Mag, $70,000-

Posts: 6361 | Location: NY, NY | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Huvius
posted Hide Post
Any info on the Fraser in the foreground?

Posts: 3232 | Location: Colorado U.S.A. | Registered: 24 December 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by richj:
Saw this in person for the first time:
416 Rem Mag, $70,000-

......................Bolt double! thumbdown

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cal pappas
posted Hide Post
Blasphemy!
Cal

Cal Pappas, Willow, Alaska
www.CalPappas.com
www.CalPappas.blogspot.com
1994 Zimbabwe
1997 Zimbabwe
1998 Zimbabwe
1999 Zimbabwe
1999 Namibia, Botswana, Zambia--vacation
2000 Australia
2002 South Africa
2003 South Africa
2003 Zimbabwe
2005 South Africa
2005 Zimbabwe
2006 Tanzania
2006 Zimbabwe--vacation
2007 Zimbabwe--vacation
2008 Zimbabwe
2012 Australia
2013 South Africa
2013 Zimbabwe
2013 Australia
2016 Zimbabwe
2017 Zimbabwe
2018 South Africa
2018 Zimbabwe--vacation
2019 South Africa
2019 Botswana
2019 Zimbabwe vacation
2021 South Africa
2021 South Africa (2nd hunt a month later)

Posts: 7281 | Location: Willow, Alaska | Registered: 29 June 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
It's sure ugly.

Dave

Posts: 2086 | Location: Seattle Washington, USA | Registered: 19 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of subsailor74
posted Hide Post
A bolt double? - Hideodorous - I'll take (what looks to be) the Dan'l Fraser double next to it any time!

Posts: 1594 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 29 September 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I saw one at an Arizona gun show. A gun bearer would be required.
I think it would be hard to shoot, vision restricted by having to wear a bag on your head so no one recognizes you.

Mark

Posts: 1223 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 09 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mark Clark:
I saw one at an Arizona gun show. A gun bearer would be required.
I think it would be hard to shoot, vision restricted by having to wear a bag on your head so no one recognizes you.

Mark

................ jumping tu2

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Now if it was a straight pull bolt like a Blaser, we know of at least one that would sell here.....

Posts: 1417 | Location: Shelton, CT | Registered: 22 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have handled one and it is as heavy as hell. Also there is no way to eject one fired cartridge, you have to eject both at one time. No choice Frowner

Posts: 2532 | Location: New York, USA | Registered: 13 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Solution to the issue of only ejecting the fired case is simply to shoot twice or only one trigger pull shoots both barrels. Makes as much sense as the rifle itself does.

Posts: 1050 | Location: S.Charleston, WV | Registered: 18 June 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
This is another example of: Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

Matt

Posts: 374 | Location: Anchorage AK | Registered: 26 April 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 458Win
posted Hide Post
I have handled it and it is superbly built but it looks to me like twice the chance for something to go wrong.

Anyone who claims the 30-06 is ineffective has either not tried one, or is unwittingly commenting on their own marksmanship
Phil Shoemaker
Alaska Master guide
FAA Master pilot
NRA Benefactor www.grizzlyskinsofalaska.com

Posts: 4187 | Location: Bristol Bay | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The carriage in the background makes me think the dealer is a gentleman from Ohio named Neal.
Neal was one of the first to finance a Gatling gun and he always brings one or two for display.
If it is Neal, that is a Frazier 577 3 inch full ne. He has it priced for 40k and has had it for sale for going since 2011. Neal brings it to Knob Creek outside of Louisville every year.
I coonfinger the rifle every year. Neal and my father in law are class 3 associates.
Neal will be at Knob Creek this weekend. I will be deer hunting.
If this is Neal. I have his contact info. Even if not, Neal still has his 577 Frazier for sale.

Posts: 10608 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of richj
posted Hide Post
Yep sounds like Neal, with a 50 in the background

Posts: 6361 | Location: NY, NY | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
Bolt Double
Double D'oh!
Bolt double is an oxymoron and an anathema.

577 BME 3"500 KILL ALL 358 GREMLIN 404-375

*we band of 45-70ers* (Founder)
Single Shot Shooters Society S.S.S.S. (Founder)

Posts: 27590 | Location: Where tech companies are trying to control you and brainwash you. | Registered: 29 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ferlach makers often concentrate their efforts on the possible, not the practical.

Posts: 20076 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The prototype of this POS blew up on safari when PH Rory Gallatly fired it removing his thumb permanently. When I hunted in the same camp with Rory he said the manufacturer had offered to settle with him for $5,000.....................

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12842 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MARK H. YOUNG:
The prototype of this POS blew up on safari when PH Rory Gallatly fired it removing his thumb permanently. When I hunted in the same camp with Rory he said the manufacturer had offered to settle with him for $5,000.....................

Mark

Eeker

Posts: 27590 | Location: Where tech companies are trying to control you and brainwash you. | Registered: 29 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Probably Fuchs, right?

Posts: 20076 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Heap that is Neal and that is his 577 3inch ne Daniel
Frazier. The price being asked is 40k. Like I said we have known Neal since 2010 or 2012. He has had that rifle for sale since then. It will be at the Knob Creek shoot this weekend. The rifle is big but more still svelte in person.

Neal has a bunch of doubles but he does not show them all or most of them at once, but all are for sale.

Posts: 10608 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Huvius
posted Hide Post
I'm pretty sure that I recognize the Fraser from last years Julia's October auction. It didn't sell there then.
If it is indeed the same rifle, it is a BP proofed gun, not a nitro rifle but a great double none the less.
I wouldn't mind getting his business contact if any of you guys have it.

Posts: 3232 | Location: Colorado U.S.A. | Registered: 24 December 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of PSmith
posted Hide Post
I seem to recall I saw that double bolt gun at SCI once, a version purportedly with titanium components.

Paul Smith
SCI Life Member
NRA Life Member
DSC Member
Life Member of the "I Can't Wait to Get Back to Africa" Club
DRSS
I had the privilege to fire E. Hemingway's WR .577NE, E. Keith's WR .470NE, & F. Jamieson's WJJ .500 Jeffery
I strongly recommend avoidance of "The Zambezi Safari & Travel Co., Ltd." and "Pisces Sportfishing-Cabo San Lucas"

"A failed policy of national defense is its own punishment" Otto von Bismarck

Posts: 2545 | Location: The 'Ham | Registered: 25 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
I'd like to see the inside of the bolt and trigger sears (to start) just to see how in the heck one facilitates bolt operation. My guess is counter-rotating bolts connected by a rear gear and corresponding R&L hand lug seats. Hard to tell.

Life itself is a gift. Live it up if you can.

Posts: 5086 | Location: Near Hershey PA | Registered: 12 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Huvius
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by custombolt:
I'd like to see the inside of the bolt and trigger sears (to start) just to see how in the heck one facilitates bolt operation. My guess is counter-rotating bolts connected by a rear gear and corresponding R&L hand lug seats. Hard to tell.

I don't think the bolts rotate at all.
The lockup is achieved through lugs on the bolt shroud which engage the rear bridge of the action.

One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
Thanks Huvius. I should have looked closer the first time and would have seen the lugs and the flats on top of the bolts. Did you happen to have a close look at the shroud to see the cocking action?

Posts: 5086 | Location: Near Hershey PA | Registered: 12 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Huvius
posted Hide Post
I've never personally seen this rifle just photos.
My bet is that it cocks on opening though.

One of Us
Picture of PSmith
posted Hide Post
Some more photos on this website:

http://fuchsfineguns.com/index.php/fine-guns/

Paul Smith
SCI Life Member
NRA Life Member
DSC Member
Life Member of the "I Can't Wait to Get Back to Africa" Club
DRSS
I had the privilege to fire E. Hemingway's WR .577NE, E. Keith's WR .470NE, & F. Jamieson's WJJ .500 Jeffery
I strongly recommend avoidance of "The Zambezi Safari & Travel Co., Ltd." and "Pisces Sportfishing-Cabo San Lucas"

"A failed policy of national defense is its own punishment" Otto von Bismarck

Posts: 2545 | Location: The 'Ham | Registered: 25 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
Thanks Paul.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I always thought the Scelzi and Fuchs double bolts were neat. I remember seeing a picture of one around 15 years ago. Assuming they are reliable--and I have no knowledge either way--it only makes sense in a big chambering since the guns are so heavy. Like a 500 Jeff weighing 14 lbs.....

Posts: 3701 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 27 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
A "Fine" gun should not blow up.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mr. Huvius:
Neal's 577 Frazier is full nitro. He has been trying to sell it since 2010 or 2012. I have held the rifle,
seen the proof markets. Neal has his full nitro
Frazier priced at 40k.

Neal has a lot of doubles. All are for sale. He just does not show all of them. This is Neal's set up per the Gatling guns. He is a member of the Ohio gun collectors association. I have his contact info if anyone wants it please PM me.

Neal will most likely have one machine gun, one Gatling gun, and one of two doubles for sale at Knobb Creek this weekend.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Something unique for sure http://fuchsfineguns.com/index.../guns/african-queen/

Nec Timor Nec Temeritas

One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
A bad solution to a non-existent problem.

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13329 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
A wasted endeavor IMO, heavy, ill balanced, awkward and unworthy to hunt with. A wreck just looking for a place to happen. Well made for whatever that's worth.

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41763 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote