New
Find
Notify
Tools

Help with Sabatti
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
If any members own a Sabatti in one of the express models I need some help. The mount for scope that came with mine was stated by a Cabellas rep to use Talley rings. Looking at it it does not appear to take Talleys. If you have one with Talley bse , can you send me some photos so I can ID what I have ? Any help appreciated.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mine is 450NE and for me a pleasure to shoot. Mine was purchased in late January but I do not know when it was built. ( I can check the paperwork ) I have been told that the earlier models came with mounts for Talley rings but they do not appear to be Talley - and that they later ones with weaver style mounts. I am trying to find a photo of one of the earlier mounts to compare. Thanks - enjoy the gun.

one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dpcd:
I just got mine yesterday and mounted the scope one hour ago. It has a standard Weaver base and rings made by Weaver and most other makers fit. Not Talley. I will have a full report and pictures soon; here are the pictures; http://photobucket.com/dpcd67.
What caliber did you get? Mine is a .450.

Your link didn't work! There was a space needed between the simicolon and the link address! It works in you quote above now!

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Will the bases work for the new Leupold Delta or with the fastfire II?

Thanks,
Frank

Posts: 6935 | Location: hydesville, ca. , USA | Registered: 17 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for that information. I am hoping to add a Sabatti later this year and after watching the halo used on a buff hunt I believe I will give that a try as well.
Frank

Posts: 6935 | Location: hydesville, ca. , USA | Registered: 17 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Frank,

the Boise Cabela's has a 450-400 with the nicest wood I have seen on one yet.

Rich

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Rich. I have two other 450-400's so am going to buy either the 470 or 500. I need to save a little more and will have to wait till I get some final test results at the end of this month.

I am heading to the range for a blaaaaaaack powder shoot this weekend and will get a chance to shoot the Sharps.
Frank