THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    Thoughts on a Beretta 689 double?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Thoughts on a Beretta 689 double?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Just wondering what the double guys thought of this one?
For about $1000 extra you can have a set of shotgun barrels fitted to the frame for 'after the hunt' bird shooting as well.

When a strong man armed keepeth his palace, his goods are in peace - Luke 11:21
Suppose you were an idiot... And suppose you were a member of
Congress...But I repeat myself. - Mark Twain

Posts: 203 | Location: Back home in Texas | Registered: 20 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of duggaboybuff
posted Hide Post
very good value for money, they point very well, and are regulated well also.

Posts: 411 | Location: australia | Registered: 12 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Excellent guns, just make sure you get one in a rimmed cartridge. I had nothing but trouble at first with mine in 30-06, it took 2 trips back to the 'smith to sort out the extractor problems.
To be fair, Beretta paid for the work, and now it works fine. But it was a little disappointing.
Maybe mine was just one of those 'unlucky' guns that occasionally get out of the factory.
I have an associate who has one in 30-06 and has never had any problems.
The thing I like most about it is the way it just comes up to the shoulder like a fine shotgun, No suprise there, since that's what the action and stock are.

Cheers, Dave.

Cheers, Dave.

Aut Inveniam Viam aut Faciam.

Posts: 6716 | Location: The Hunting State. | Registered: 08 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
i've got a matching pair one in 06 the other in 9.3x74r with a set of 20 ga barrels that are fitted to both actions. the 06 willshoot both barrels into 1" at 100 and the 9.3 into about 2.25". handiest pair you can imagine. You can get a double gun takedown case that will hold both rifles and the shotgun barrels into 1 case. That fits in a athletic bag and goes through baggage without any of the handlers suspecting there are guns. Actually comes through as regular baggage instead of in the gun lane, and without damage.

Posts: 13439 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote