Find
Notify
Tools

My dream rifle...
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
https://www.proxibid.com/19IS-...on/49971732#topoflot

I don’t have the cash, one of you should buy it.

Sweet engraving, the .450 no2 chambering, and made almost certainly by Leonard.

Posts: 1278 | Location: The Bluegrass State | Registered: 21 October 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
https://www.proxibid.com/Firea...Information/49971705

William Evans .375 flanged from the same auction.

Posts: 1278 | Location: The Bluegrass State | Registered: 21 October 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Maybe no one is watching these auctions...Wink

Posts: 157 | Location: san francisco bay area | Registered: 23 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Oh, they're watching. 14 days to go. Generally the winning bid is made at the auction, most likely by someone on the floor.

One of Us
Picture of sambarman338
posted Hide Post
Looks good. If the case is in good order, it might be worth plenty, too. Have you seen what H&H charge for theirs?

Posts: 4955 | Location: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: 31 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think it is a solid $15,000-20,000 gun. Not an H&H but they are not my thing. These are such nicely finished rifles, actioned by a little family in Birmingham.

posted Hide Post
I took a look at both of these rifles today. It surprised me how nice the bores of the original barrels were on the Jeffrey. The William Evans is such a fine little gun - I can see why they were so highly respected, if not as well known as the big makers.

One Of Us
posted Hide Post
Colin, That was another very nice Jeffrey...a mate to the one you pointed out to me and is now happily in my safe!!
I would have paid dearly for the William Evans 375 Flanged Mag...it must not have made reserve...
These doubles are really selling low these days!!
Thank you again for leading me to my newly acquired 450-400 3"!!
Cheers,

470EDDY

Posts: 2559 | Location: The Other Washington | Registered: 24 March 2003Reply With Quote