New
Find
Notify
Tools

Demas double?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
They look really nice! Any experience with these?

Here's a link to a pdf. It's in French, but certainly worth a look.

http://www.demas.fr/pages-fr/catalogue.htm

One of Us
posted Hide Post
www.griffinhowe.com used him via Verney-Carron to have a pair built with the G&H name!

About 15K was the selling price for a 470 and 500 NE as I recall. No third bite/fastener.

Jack

OH GOD! {Seriously, we need the help.}

Posts: 2791 | Location: USA - East Coast | Registered: 10 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
contact ken buch from kebco - he's on this forum and i believe he is importing some of these.

TOMO577
DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 1144 | Location: west of erie, pa | Registered: 15 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
All but 2 are sold, if that. The first 3 have arrived including a 577. I'm awaiting a 470. He may have a 500 here now that is available.

Those G&H guns had alot of bells and whistles on them and the $15K retail price tag is justified. Demas have no cast parts, all is made in house except for Lothar-Walther bbls which are shoe-lump. Paul Demas was with Chapuis and left to build guns of higher quality. He designed a triple lug lockup along the lines of the Chapuis double lug system. A third bite isn't really needed. Verney-Carron bought or bought a controlling interest in Demas in 2004.

Posts: 1083 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 05 December 2006Reply With Quote