New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bad Boy Shot &Ball shotgun
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I would like to know if anyone here has a Bad Boy Shot&Ball shotgun? I would like to buy a slug gun sxs rifled but since i cannot buy one this is the closed thing to my dream gun,so if anyone know anything about this gun would they please post.

Posts: 190 | Location: new castle,de. | Registered: 30 December 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Won't rifled choke tubes in a SxS shotgun work? Get someone like Mike Orlen to install the choke tubes and you should be set for sabot slugs. You could get lucky get one that shoots normal slugs well to 50 or 100 yards too.

Best Regards,
Sid

All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
Alexis de Tocqueville

The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money.
Alexis de Tocqueville

Posts: 602 | Location: East Texas, USA | Registered: 16 June 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Who made the gun? I did not see it in the description

Ken

DRSS, PP Chapter
Life NRA
Life SCI
Life DSC

Posts: 1326 | Location: PA | Registered: 06 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I believe he's referring to the ones sold by Russ Gould on BigFiveHQ.com.

Posts: 20075 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That the one.Are they worth the money?I would get it in 20ga. and hope i can used custom brass shells,that the closed thing to a slug double without rifling.

Posts: 190 | Location: new castle,de. | Registered: 30 December 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I did not see where Russ said what mfg made them and where they are made.

Ken

DRSS, PP Chapter
Life NRA
Life SCI
Life DSC

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ken,

I think it is a Chapuis. The gun is different than the Chapuis that I have.

Sam

Posts: 2827 | Location: NC | Registered: 08 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Big Will, I sent Russ Gould an email to send you a PM on the gun.

Posts: 20075 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I think it is a Chapuis. The gun is different than the Chapuis that I have.

I do not think it is a Chapuis...but I have been wrong before.

Ken

DRSS, PP Chapter
Life NRA
Life SCI
Life DSC

one of us
posted Hide Post
We had these guns made to our specification, in a very limited quantity, by the same factory that makes the Smith & Wesson Elite, in Turkey. Many of the parts are identical. That gun was "Gun of the Year a few years back. The changes are full length rifle style rib with raised quarter rib fitted with Recknagel folding rear sight, Recknagel flourescent front bead, full trigger bow tang terminating in pistol grip cap, English checkering and wood finish, custom hand cut engraving with deer head under, no visible lettering on barrels, barrels regulated for slugs (we started out with Truball 3/4 oz and then went with Brenneke 1 oz which have much better penetration). 26" barrels choked .005 and .015. They are rather accurate with Brennekes and will kill anything within 100 yards. We have 3 finished guns ready to go. We also have one gun left with action in the white, for someone who wants custom engraving; and a couple with barrels in the white, ribs loose, for someone who wants them regulated here for a different slug. Ken Owen does the regulation. He can tell you himself, but he told me he thinks these guns are a cut above the RBL.

BTW the Chapuis slug gun 20ga that is floating around was imported by us, and is priced at 2x the price of this gun. Nothing wrong with it, it does what it's supposed to do, and someone later added a set of rifled choke tubes in an effort to shoot sabots. That gun was also regulated at the factory for Brennekes.

Re rifled bores, sexy as they may be we find them unecessary on an unscoped gun with a maximum range of 100 yds, the Brennekes are sufficiently accurate and flat out to that range, and they preclude use with shot (well you can shoot shot thru them but it sprays the shot all over the place). Same with choke tubes ... they affect regulation. A "Shot & Ball" gun should shoot both to good effect and this is the case here.

Final note, we have ceased importation of these as Brenneke are unobtainable in Turkey and we can't afford to regulate/finish them in the USA at this price. We may resume if/when the ammo situation evolves.

Russ Gould - Whitworth Arms LLC
BigfiveHQ.com, Large Calibers and African Safaris
Doublegunhq.com, Fine English, American and German Double Rifles and Shotguns
VH2Q.com, Varmint Rifles and Gear

Posts: 2926 | Location: Texas | Registered: 07 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DoubleDon
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Russ Gould:
We had these guns made to our specification, in a very limited quantity, by the same factory that makes the Smith & Wesson Elite, in Turkey. Many of the parts are identical. That gun was "Gun of the Year a few years back. The changes are full length rifle style rib with raised quarter rib fitted with Recknagel folding rear sight, Recknagel flourescent front bead, full trigger bow tang terminating in pistol grip cap, English checkering and wood finish, custom hand cut engraving with deer head under, no visible lettering on barrels, barrels regulated for slugs (we started out with Truball 3/4 oz and then went with Brenneke 1 oz which have much better penetration). 26" barrels choked .005 and .015. They are rather accurate with Brennekes and will kill anything within 100 yards. We have 3 finished guns ready to go. We also have one gun left with action in the white, for someone who wants custom engraving; and a couple with barrels in the white, ribs loose, for someone who wants them regulated here for a different slug. Ken Owen does the regulation. He can tell you himself, but he told me he thinks these guns are a cut above the RBL.

BTW the Chapuis slug gun 20ga that is floating around was imported by us, and is priced at 2x the price of this gun. Nothing wrong with it, it does what it's supposed to do, and someone later added a set of rifled choke tubes in an effort to shoot sabots. That gun was also regulated at the factory for Brennekes.

Re rifled bores, sexy as they may be we find them unecessary on an unscoped gun with a maximum range of 100 yds, the Brennekes are sufficiently accurate and flat out to that range, and they preclude use with shot (well you can shoot shot thru them but it sprays the shot all over the place). Same with choke tubes ... they affect regulation. A "Shot & Ball" gun should shoot both to good effect and this is the case here.

Final note, we have ceased importation of these as Brenneke are unobtainable in Turkey and we can't afford to regulate/finish them in the USA at this price. We may resume if/when the ammo situation evolves.

Hello Russ. Who is "we"?

Regards

Deo Vindice,

Don

Sons of Confederate Veterans Black Horse Camp #780

Posts: 1695 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 01 February 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
We are out of finished guns, had a run on them this week. We have left one gun with action and forend iron in the white (for custom engraving, otherwise finished); and 3 guns with barrels in the white, ribs loose, for custom regulation.

One of Us
Picture of JDA-CO
posted Hide Post
I now have one and can give you my thoughts - Mine is the 20ga version. At this price point I was not envisioning such a nicely finished gun. The wood to medal fit is outstanding as is the figure of the wood. The case-coloring is absolutely beautiful and the engraving is very tastefully done. I have several Merkels, higher end Beretta's and some others that are easily 2-3 times the price of this one - I can say that the fit and finish of this little shot & Ball is equal to, or better, than any of them.

This weekend I took the gun out Pheasant hunting and the balance was perfect and it was a joy to carry.

I'm not quite sure how they do it, but this thing shoots slugs, shot and 00-buck-shot to the sights - In other words: at 40-45 ft both shot patterns shot to the sights; at a little farther back, both barrels fired 00buck-shot to the sights and at 65 yards, both barrels fired slugs into a 4.5 inch group, 3 inches high - I shot three groups with the slugs - Honestly, I was a little dumbfounded.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
We had one of these guns at my annual "Elephant Hunt" this last August. Was extremely pleasant to shoot and very accurate. As JDA-CO states, I was amazed at the overall quality of this gun (the photos in this thread do not do it any kind of justice!). So much so that I was seriously looking at one for myself (other financial disasters precluded my purchasing one - otherwise, I would own one for myself). MHO is that you can spend more $ for just a 20 bore shotgun and not have something as nice, let alone a gun that will shoot slugs the way this thing will.

Ellis

Ellis450

Posts: 45 | Location: United States | Registered: 15 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Addtional FYI, we did purchase one of these guns for one of my customers and he is very pleased with his as well.

Ellis450

Posts: 45 | Location: United States | Registered: 15 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JDA-CO
posted Hide Post
I'm actually planning a trip to Argentina for a mixed bag hunt for Buffalo, cougar, Capybara and a ton of bird shooting... I have a Merkel combo gun in 30-06 under 12g a that was slated for the trip - I'm seriously thinking this Shot & Ball will be the only gun I take.

Can't ya'll tell... I'm in love.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Well it's been some time now but we have the bigger brother to the 20ga Shot & Ball in stock. The 12ga gun has ejectors, improved game scene engraving (boar), and rust blued barrels so it's a notch above the 20ga gun which was nice enough!

(I do have one 20ga left action and forend in the white for someone who wants custom engraving ... the gun is otherwise fully finished and regulated for Green Lightning Brennekes).

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mr. Will:

VC made a few 20 gauge fully rifles sxs slug guns. I think Connecticut Arms (sp), I am not sure of the company my name, but they are the guys who bought the rights to the Winchester M21 made/makes 20 gauge sxs rifles slug guns.

Posts: 10608 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I was wondering why don't American gun company make a full rifled SxS Slug gun? most states in the East use auto pump and single shot rifled slug
guns.Then there Gunsmiths like Aaron from Texas who some of the finest in the country,i would like some feedback.

One of Us
Picture of drhall762
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by big will:
I was wondering why don't American gun company make a full rifled SxS Slug gun? most states in the East use auto pump and single shot rifled slug
guns.Then there Gunsmiths like Aaron from Texas who some of the finest in the country,i would like some feedback.

Just my opinion however, I don't believe double rifles were ever terribly popular in the Americas. More of an English/European thing influenced largely by their colonies in Africa and India.

Personally, I like the idea of the multipurpose double barrel especially the bore guns such as the Paradox.

Dave

In 100 years who of us will care?
An armed society is a polite society!
Just because they say you are paranoid doesn't mean they are not out to get you.

Posts: 899 | Location: Ammon, NC | Registered: 31 December 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I like the reply and thank you..they should give us an option,for example the Parsdox we used screw in rifled chokes which is the same thing,I have been talking for years.I think guns company like this my grandfather and father used it so it's ok with me,but we are smarter then that,I wish someone would step up to the plate,so come Remington and Browning show us what you lot and stop letting small company show you up..Thank You..

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Here's a 12 bore fully rifled double I have that was built by Lou Alessandri, supposedly for the Jurassic Park movie. It is quite an elaborate build, with a sidelock action, claw mounts, great wood, ornate checkering, leather pad, and it came with loading tools, brass and bullets.

http://s1074.photobucket.com/u...zpsojrccgf6.jpg.html

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Will:
One post down started by RIP the light 615 nitro is about the maker of the sxs 20 gauge rifled doubles I was talking about the Connecticut one. Delivery time me looks like to be one year.

Posts: 10608 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote