New
Find
Notify
Tools

Taylor was right!
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
John Taylor wrote in African Rifles and Cartridges that Holland and Holland developed the .375 Flanged Magnum to regulate all 3 bullet weights with the same powder and charge. They started by regulating the 300 grain bullet and then reduced bullet weight while keeping the powder charge the same until they arrived at 270 and 235 grains. So, I decided to see if it is true.

My Chapuis .375 Flanged regulates 300 grain Woodleighs (RNSP, Hydros, Protected Point & HDs) with 63 grains of Reloader 15. Traditional 300 grain solids regulate at 62 grains of R-15. For me, regulating means 4 shots within 2 inches at 50 yards. I think the rifle is even better than that because I tend to pull at least one shot in every three.

Yesterday, I put three 235 grain Protected Point Woodleighs into 1.5 inches and had a flyer at 2.5 inches. The load was 63 grains of R-15. Next, I want to see how well I can shoot at 100 yards.

Has anyone else had this experience?

USMC Retired
DSC Life Member
SCI Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 730 | Location: Maryland Eastern Shore | Registered: 27 September 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good result drongo.

What velocity with 300gn Woodleigh softs and 63gn RE15 are you getting?

Cheers, Chris

DRSS

Posts: 1891 | Location: Australia | Registered: 25 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I haven't chronographed it yet but will report back after.

USMC Retired
DSC Life Member
SCI Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 730 | Location: Maryland Eastern Shore | Registered: 27 September 2013Reply With Quote