THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    Holland & Holland 300 H&H double
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Holland & Holland 300 H&H double
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted

Posts: 20082 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
It says 300 H&H then below it says 450-400 hammer gun?/ Did I miss something?? shocker

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41811 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
Either way, $4500.00 is not a bad price, but still out of my price range regardless.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Im convienced that a hammer gun and Dangerous game is a contradiction in terms...My experience in hammer guns has only been with shotguns, but cocking a gun and popping a quail is difficult at best..I wouldn't want to go in the bush after a wounded Lion or Buffalo, much less a Leopard up close..Just my two bits, but to each his own, there are those daring souls that get off to such things, and you have to respect them for that...

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41811 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
I agree Ray! First off that is a single shot hammer rifle, not a double, and who ever owns that rifle may be a dope, or a scam artist.
....................................... homer cuckoo
................................................................. old MacD37

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Ray I probably shouldn't start something here but I will. I have hunted exclusively with hammer shotguns for close to 40 years. Hammer guns are carried with the hammers cocked whenever you are in the field. This is absolutely no different whether the hammers are internal or external. I personally keep the breach open until I walk up on the dogs but that's just me. Remember that your hammers are cocked all the time with internal hammers.

Posts: 22 | Location: Wichita, KS | Registered: 17 February 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That gun has been on GI for ages. The seller doesn`t know shit. In my book its a $1000 shooter.

DRSS: HQ Scandinavia. Chapters in Sweden & Norway

Posts: 2805 | Location: Denmark | Registered: 09 June 2005Reply With Quote