New
Find
Notify
Tools

clean up a Hollis 577
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
A regular client purchased this Hollis 577 and mentioned to me he was going to need a new bushing for the Jones under lever on this rifle. It turns out it needed quite a bit more than just the bushing. The ribs were loose with a stove bolt hold them together. The ribs were repaired and a new sling swivel base was made, The gun was sent off to Aaron Little for regulation, The engraving was picked up at the breech end including the barrel address. I re-browned the barrels and one very happy client collected it today.

Posts: 3770 | Location: Boulder Colorado | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of mt Al
posted Hide Post
Very nice!

Posts: 1064 | Location: Bozeman, MT | Registered: 21 October 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Cool old rifle.

Posts: 722 | Location: Corrales, New Mexico | Registered: 03 February 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Sarg
posted Hide Post
Very nice work, thank you for posting !

I have a awesome Cape Gun that looks more like a Double Rifle than most Capes but alas loose rib & the 450 Musket chamber turned out to be 577/450 which I'm not a fan of because it is hard to get decent Nitro loads .

We don't have many/any Gun Craftsmen like you guys in New Zealand, darn it !

Posts: 461 | Location: New Zealand - Australia - South Africa | Registered: 14 October 2007Reply With Quote