THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    Taksdale Gun & Rifle C-class
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Taksdale Gun & Rifle C-class
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of peterdk
posted
Dear all

This post is just my way of showing, what i have been doing for the last 6-8 months.

these are my new C-class double rifles, missing the sights yet, but hopefully the sights should be arriving from germany soon.
The rifles in the photo are the prototypes, the production models will have a border engraving with a name banner, and better wood as well.

Caliber choises are for the medium action: 9,3x74 R, 450/400NE 3", 450 NE, 500 NE

caliber choises large action: 577 NE, 600 NE, 12 bore 3"

Prices are:
medium action 6.500,-us$
large action 8.500,- us$

Posts: 1336 | Location: denmark | Registered: 01 September 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Damn, if you can make it work, those are competitive prices.
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10505 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of peterdk
posted Hide Post
peter

the prices still gives me an overhead, that is enough for me to keep going, i just dont need a new range rover that the clients should pay for Smiler and i am quite happy on my farm so no big headquaters to pay for either, the name is my own and i did'nt have to pay for that, so those prices will be good for quite a while.

turn around time on the C-class from order to ready to ship is 3-4 months

B-class and A-class in the works, and you will be updated on those as well, when i get to a point that i think they will be worth publishing photo's off

best

peter

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Peter, nice looking rifles. Best of luck to you in your new venture. Will be interesting to see the A and B class when you get them started.

Larry

York, SC

One of Us
Picture of peterdk
posted Hide Post
larry

thank you, and i am looking forward to be showing you the guns when you are in denmark.

best

peter

One of Us
posted Hide Post
very nice!!! the 12 bore offering really got my attention. it would get it even more if it were going to be a side hammer... Wink

DRSS

Posts: 1151 | Location: Pamplico, SC USA | Registered: 24 August 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of peterdk
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by degoins:
very nice!!! the 12 bore offering really got my attention. it would get it even more if it were going to be a side hammer... Wink

degoins

I am sorry but i think that hammerguns are would be quite far into the future, all though i will never say never, it will be quite a few years down the line Smiler

the 12 bore is a naturel to me as i have a few of them and i think it is THE all round caliber for a world traveller, so far the prototype 12 bore is a mere 7 pounds gun and made for shooting slugs (brenneke classic) and in my mind is perfect for all game below the big 5 level, with leopard as an exception.
there will be a C+ grade with the possiblilty of launching 650 grains brass slugs(thanks srose) in the flat point style at around 1800-2000 fps(thank you ed)

P.S i made a mistake as the 12 bore double for slugs is priced at the same level as the medium class

best

peter

One of Us
posted Hide Post
tell me something really wonderful: like the .500 NE could be had with 20 gauge 3" shell barrels...?

Rich
when I dream, I dream B-I-G, and in color

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of peterdk
posted Hide Post
rich

off course it can, i have not priced it out completly, but it will be around 900 $ more for that option.

best

peter

One of Us
Picture of peterdk
posted Hide Post
I have been informed that i should give more detail about the rifles, so i will do just that.

Actions: A & D boxlock action, with bushed firing pinns. engraving on production models is a border with a name banner.

Barrels: 24" barrels with quater rib and raised front sight, the rib is cut for the use of QR rings, the sights are standard one leaf express sights.

additionel shotgun barrels will be 900-1000 $
additionel rifle barrels will be 3000 $

Stock: the stock model is made as a direct copy after one of my alex henry rifles from the 1880's, that stock shape is the most naturel pointing stock i have ever encountered.
and yes i do make them for lefties as well Smiler

forend: standard english splinter foreend, it is not showed in the picture, all rifles come with ejectors, if you only want extractors, i will remove the springs for you, and include them in the case.

if any questions surface, that i have not thought about please post them here, as i am sure you are not the only one who have that question.

best regards

peter

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nice rifles. Good luck on your venture. Are the barrels mono block or shoe / chopper lump?

What would a 450/400 weigh?

Posts: 28 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 20 December 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of peterdk
posted Hide Post
vetaikaran

the barrels are mono blocked in the C-class

a 450/400 weighs around 9 pounds

best regards

peter

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Peter.

Nice. To what ammunition will you regulate?

Have been looking forward to your announcement.
Did you get the DVD ? Cannot recall.

Elton

Elton Rambin
Mail/Ship: 1802 Horse Hollow Rd.
Barksdale, Texas 78828
Phone: 479 461 3656
Ranch: 830-234-4366
Check our Hunt & Class Schedule
at
www.ftwoutfitters.com

4 Rules of Gun Safety
1/ Treat all guns as though they are loaded.
2/ Never point the muzzle at anything you do not want to shoot.
3/ Do not put your finger on trigger until your sights are on target and you are ready to shoot.
4/ Be sure of your target and safe background.

Posts: 268 | Location: Western Arkansas/Barksdale,TX. USA | Registered: 18 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of peterdk
posted Hide Post
elton

the regulation ammo is Norma, hornady and kynoch depending on caliber.

and yes i did get the DVD, i am still working on that small video regarding proper mounting of double rifles, i will send you a copy as soon as it is done, and properly post is here as well.

best

peter

One of Us
Picture of Chris Lozano
posted Hide Post
Peter
What ammo will the 450 NE be regulated with?
Chris

Posts: 753 | Location: Michigan USA | Registered: 27 September 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of peterdk
posted Hide Post
chris

the 450NE will be regulated with Kynoch aka norma, allthough in your case i will try to get hornady if you want that.

best

peter

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Peter-

Good news from you!
It's great to see the prototype rifles here.
Don't forget, there's a cougar with your name on it roaming our ridge.
You're welcome to come out and 'do your part'!!

Now, how about that sixteen-bore ejector paradox howdah..?

Cheers
Tinker

Posts: 802 | Location: Palomino Valley, NV | Registered: 26 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of peterdk
posted Hide Post
tink

do you think it is still roaming in mid january, as gods willing and the real power on this earth(the wife) it looks like i might be abel to make the conventions in january.

i am really stoked about this, and looking forward to meeting you and your beautyful family would just be iceing on the cake.

could we make it a 20" 12 bore howda fully rifled then i think i might be abel to get it done, but just wait untill you handle the 12 bore rifle, it really is nicely balanced for quick work, i can try to get a 5 drams black powder round ball load ready for you, then we just need to find a zoo or a circus for the elephant Smiler

best

peter

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am sure there will be a cat here for you.
Keep in touch, I spend little time on the net lately.

See you soon!

Cheers
Tinker

Posts: 802 | Location: Palomino Valley, NV | Registered: 26 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Very lovely rifles.
While here in the new year will you have rifles available for sale?
Is there any issue in getting them into the states for sales?
Frank

Posts: 6935 | Location: hydesville, ca. , USA | Registered: 17 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of michael458
posted Hide Post
Peter

Fantastic looking works of art! Excellent. I have to tell you about the most fantastic bullet I have ever seen from a big bore that Sam and I tested today. One of what Sam deems "Double Safe" two bands, 577 725 gr #13 that we have been working with. It gave the deepest, straightest penetration I have seen in a bore size over .500 caliber. 71 inches of dead straight line penetration at a muzzle velocity of 2050 fps! It was incredible to say the least. Normal penetration with the 577 Nitro has been in the 50 inch area, never anything approaching this. I will have photos and report up probably sometime tomorrow I hope. We did a lot of other work, but that was really the high light of todays tests.

This past week I sent samples of the #13 in .500 caliber and requested a brass 500 gr bullet for my 50 B&Ms and 500 MDM. Along with a 425 gr version for the 50 B&M AK in the lever actions. Along with that I sent a sample 12 bore up for Dan to give us a price in a copper version. I will be speaking with him the first of the week and hope to have some info on this for you this week.

Now you know I know crap about double rifles! But Sam and Corbin do know about them, and we all three collectively feel we have really stumbled onto the very best double rifle solid ever dreamed up. Had someone told me about this bullet and it's capabilities in a 577 Nitro I would have told them they were full of it, could never happen, and I was totally taken by surprise when it exited the 64 inch box and continued into box #2 to 71 inches! We are going to duplicate it in a 550-570 gr .510 caliber for Sams 500 Nitro which he may be taken for elephant in a couple of months! That's how good it is!

Michael

http://www.b-mriflesandcartridges.com/default.html

The New Word is "Non-Conventional", add "Conventional" to the Endangered Species List!
Live Outside The Box of "Conventional Wisdom"

I do Not Own Any Part of Any Bullet Company, I am not in the Employ Of Any Bullet Company. I do not represent, own stock, nor do I receive any proceeds, or monies from ANY BULLET COMPANY. I am not in the bullet business, and have no Bullets to sell to you, nor anyone else.

Posts: 8426 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: 23 June 2008Reply With Quote