New
Find
Notify
Tools

Shoutout to VC
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I don't get on this link too much anymore since Frostbit bought my last DR. I just had to tell about my experience at the Verney-Carron factory last week. I am retired and consulting and one of my clients factories is in St Etienne, France. I go there about every 6 weeks or so and have been meaning to drop by. I did so last week and met Jerome the master gunsmith as well as the owner. Jerome could not have been more hospitable and welcoming. I dropped in "unannounced" right before lunch so did not have much time bet he accommodated me anyway. He encouraged me to come back that afternoon and shoot the 600 he was just finishing. How could I resist. I shot a beautiful 470 still in regulation process and then the 600. All I can say is WOW to this company. If any of you are near there in France you should definitely make a visit. Who knows, I may just get another double rifle.

York, SC

One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
While I have only ever spoken to Jerome at the shows, I have always found him to be extremely generous with his time.

Mike

Posts: 21096 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Certainly between Ken selling them, and Jerome and the company supporting them, Verney-Carron offers a nice "package" for those looking for a fine firearm at a comparatively reasonable cost.

Posts: 20076 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of LionHunter
posted Hide Post
I agree 100%. Both Jerome and Ken have been gracious and informative. If I was buying another DR it would be VC hands down without question. And everyone knows that Jines, Biebs and I have impeccable taste! fishing

Mike
NRA Life
Sables Life
Mzuri
IPHA

"To be a Marine is enough."

Posts: 3577 | Location: Silicon Valley | Registered: 19 November 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LionHunter:
I agree 100%. Both Jerome and Ken have been gracious and informative. If I was buying another DR it would be VC hands down without question. And everyone knows that Jines, Biebs and I have impeccable taste! fishing

I try and stay as far away from Ken and Jerome at DSC. Hate impulse buying expensive but very good value for money excellent double rifles.

I try and see Biebs - tough to impulse buy a blaser dancing

VC are great guns.

Mikr

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What's the starting price for one of their sidelocks? And what comes standard at that price? I'm interested in having a 450 sidelock built and need a base to start off of

Posts: 11636 | Location: Wisconsin  | Registered: 13 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Jan Dumon
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BigBBear:
I don't get on this link too much anymore since Frostbit bought my last DR. I just had to tell about my experience at the Verney-Carron factory last week. I am retired and consulting and one of my clients factories is in St Etienne, France. I go there about every 6 weeks or so and have been meaning to drop by. I did so last week and met Jerome the master gunsmith as well as the owner. Jerome could not have been more hospitable and welcoming. I dropped in "unannounced" right before lunch so did not have much time bet he accommodated me anyway. He encouraged me to come back that afternoon and shoot the 600 he was just finishing. How could I resist. I shot a beautiful 470 still in regulation process and then the 600. All I can say is WOW to this company. If any of you are near there in France you should definitely make a visit. Who knows, I may just get another double rifle.

I couldn't agree more. Jerome's a good and knowledgeable man. Visiting the Verney facility while they were still building my rifle was a great experience , spent the best part of a day there , and shooting some fine double rifles was a bonus. tu2

Jan Dumon
Professional Hunter& Outfitter
www.shumbasafaris.com

+27 82 4577908

Posts: 774 | Location: Greater Kruger - South Africa | Registered: 10 August 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
VC doubles are very fine double rifles, and are a bargain for money spent! I know several people who have bought one, and most say they are very happy with their purchase!

If I were in the market for another one, it would likely be a VC chambered for 375H&H flanged with claw mounts for a low powered illuminated scope because of my failing vision!
.................................................................. tu2

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote