THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    Hollis article in Autumn Double Gun Journal
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hollis article in Autumn Double Gun Journal
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I was fortunate to have an article published in Double Gun Journal on my A. Hollis 450-400. Pleased to learn that they are doing it as a Part 1 and 2, with next to be in winter edition. Was through AR that I met most of my friends and mentors in the double rifle world and learned all that I know through you guys. First shot Rusty's 450-400, and got the bug bad. Rusty and 400 Nitro Express (sadly deceased not long ago) were fellow Hollis owners, and Mark was an incredible source of information.Rusty spotted my rifle at Cabelas and put me on it. Tony Black, Mac, Mike Jines and Robert Greenlee among others great friends and companions on DRSS events and Bayou Rifle range days. PS, used a pseudonym to keep my personal and professional activities separate, since these days having my name googled as a psychologist and having hunting stuff come up first would be more trouble than it's worth. Bob

Posts: 1280 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: 20 October 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nice article. It will be nice to read the second part.

Ken

One Of Us
posted Hide Post
I received a call from Phil's wife about the article now published...and a second coming. I ordered it and waiting for delivery in our forwarded mail...might be a while.
Looking forward to a good rundown on Leonard, the primary builder of many makers of the period...my Jeffrey included.
Cheers,

470EDDY

Posts: 2540 | Location: The Other Washington | Registered: 24 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
Glad to hear from you Bob! I sorely miss those get togethers down at Bayou rifle range, and 4K ranch, as those were a great group of guys.

Congratulations on your article in DGJ. I must get both copies to save the articles.

We need to find a place and good time of year to re-instate the old DRSS annual hunts!
………………………………………………………...Mac old

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote