THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    George Hoenig round action rifle
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

George Hoenig round action rifle
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted

This one in 9.3x74R

Posts: 3770 | Location: Boulder Colorado | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of McKay
posted Hide Post
Handled a few of these. Really cool engineering, great fit and finish and I bet extremely strong. But to be honest. Kinda clumsy to operate. Maybe you get use to it and it will be fast. Certainly outside the box thinking.

Mac

Posts: 1721 | Location: Salt Lake City, UT | Registered: 01 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Clayman
posted Hide Post
What a great rifle! I had the opportunity to handle one at an event one time. I didn't get to shoot it, but it was in the same caliber (I think). Absolutely one of the neatest engineering feats I've personally experienced, and I don't just mean in the gun field. Super neat operation and with a modest amount of practice, I could easily see how it would become second nature to operate.

As a bonus prize, it overtook the Winchester 94 as "most comfortable rifle to carry" in my book. A totally cylindrical rifle just goes with the hand.

Posts: 1225 | Location: Gilbertsville, PA | Registered: 08 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
George Hoenig is the last word in custom rifles or just any part of gunsmithing, he is the ultimate and built guns that no other would attempt..

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41813 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote