One of Us
posted
From another World https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4RuAVILxo1k

Nec Timor Nec Temeritas

One of Us
Picture of Rigby350
posted Hide Post
Amazing workmanship.

Posts: 119 | Location: Sydney, Australia | Registered: 11 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for posting. I have never seen anything like that!

IHMSA BC Provincial Champion and Perfect 40 Score, Unlimited Category, AAA Class.

Posts: 3336 | Location: Kamloops, BC | Registered: 09 November 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
Wow! It’s too fancy for my taste or budget. Much better than that one with the cartoon cats posted earlier.

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Posts: 3433 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BaxterB
posted Hide Post
I must say I like the see-through side plates. That’s a hell of a unique way to showcase the inner workings.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Outstanding! Love the 12B with the extra hidden 17 Hornet.

And some of the engraving Eeker

DRSS

Posts: 1905 | Location: Australia | Registered: 25 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
Extraordinary workmanship. Thought it interesting none of the guns were checkered... don't know if they think it would take away from the engraving or would make the gun too "busy".

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7522 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Agree with Russell. tu2

One of Us
Picture of lee440
posted Hide Post
Now we know where pimps go to get shotguns.

DRSS(We Band of Bubba's Div.)
N.R.A (Life)
T.S.R.A (Life)
D.S.C.

Posts: 2267 | Location: Houston, TX. | Registered: 18 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I spent a couple of days in Ferlach in August 2019. I knocked on Peter Hofers door and one of his colleagues showed me a number of their guns in various states of finish. Every thing from a 17 double up to the universe. Videos are great but cannot translate the feel, smell etc and just the shear tactile quality.

For anybody interested in fine guns Ferlach is well worth a visit. But it is a bit sad as number of gunsmiths is falling - there are just not the numbers who can afford to buy hand built guns any more.

Posts: 981 | Location: Scotland | Registered: 28 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bwanamrm:
Extraordinary workmanship. Thought it interesting none of the guns were checkered... don't know if they think it would take away from the engraving or would make the gun too "busy".

I asked the same question - they don’t checker any of the guns as the most beautiful and interesting part of the wood is as it flows through the hand. Their view is that if the grip shape is correct, checkering is superfluous. Having handled some of the guns, with gloves on, I would rather agree.

Posts: 981 | Location: Scotland | Registered: 28 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rockdoc:
Outstanding! Love the 12B with the extra hidden 17 Hornet.

Yes it is incredible

Nec Timor Nec Temeritas

One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
Astonishingly beautiful, but the engraving tends toward the garish, and the lack of stock checkering leaves the guns and rifles with an unfinished appearance.

Give me classic, best quality English double rifles and guns in preference to these any day.

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13385 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
One Of Us
posted Hide Post
SPECTACULAR!!

As Rock Island Auctions is advertising now: "All art is not framed!!"

Incredibly expensive out the door, but it doesn't hold value!! I think some of the fine Austrian pieces are some of the best buys on the market today!!.... not recognized yet!!

There is a Joseph Just drilling, 2bbl set with Carolina Sporting Arms on GI that is simply incredible!!....simply over the MOON!!

Thanks for sharing!!

CheerZ,

470EDDY

Posts: 2559 | Location: The Other Washington | Registered: 24 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 470EDDY:
Incredibly expensive out the door, but it doesn't hold value!! I think some of the fine Austrian pieces are some of the best buys on the market today!!

Exactly

Nec Timor Nec Temeritas