THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    double owners--what else do we have in common?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

double owners--what else do we have in common?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
MacD37, I am happily surprised to discover that we have so much in common from the oil patch to the old testament. I too have wide and similar interests, but never tried taxidermy and I was lousy at sports, very uncoordinated.

I'm 75, married 51 years to original wife, have two sons and three little grandchildren. They all love the outdoors and I still hunt cape buffalo with a big bore.( I'll have to admit it's just a break-open single shot. )
I like your liberal conservative label. Me too! I don't know how a person can be just one or the other.

And I agree right down to my toes, that people and the world changes when hearts change. From the inside out! You are a wise man who has seen the world. Brian

IHMSA BC Provincial Champion and Perfect 40 Score, Unlimited Category, AAA Class.

Posts: 3335 | Location: Kamloops, BC | Registered: 09 November 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I expect most of us who like fine firearms, and other nice fine things such as boats, planes, cars etc are either broke or rapidly heading that way - you may once have been wealthy but add a few double rifles and several safaris etc.

Or your double rifle affliction is a major distraction to getting wealthy - it doesn’t matter, but i expect i am not Going to be sitting in my coffin thinking I should have spent more time in the office. But spending time in the field or working on interesting projects - that’s what you will remember.

Posts: 979 | Location: Scotland | Registered: 28 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Ready Aim Shoot
posted Hide Post
Double rifles are romantic.Could it be that?