THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    Some more cool double rifles from Holt’s...
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Some more cool double rifles from Holt’s...
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of cal pappas
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Omnivorous_Bob:
Come on now Cal, uh I mean, Dad, surely you remember, or have you fired your 4-bore and 600 a bit too much? Better send them to me for the sake of your health.

I'll help with the story Mum always told me. It was the summer of '68 (I was born early 69), you were a precocious 13 year old Democrat Party student representative on a social studies field trip to the DNC convention in Chicago. Mom was a young police officer trying to hold back the tide of filthy hippies. After teargassing you at a protest, your eyes met, and well, one thing lead to another....

Back on topic, did anyone else check out the 8-bore BOLT action that went for 850? If it wasn't for the hassle of importing I was tempted to bid on that one just for the novelty of the action design. At almost 18lb I'd think it would be pleasant to shoot and a unique turkey gun for sure.

https://auctions.holtsauctione...o=++150012&saletype=

I get your story but one thing remains. Exactly whom did I father with my affair with Janet? I thought it was you as you do have a slight resemblance to her (cheekbones, eyes, etc.)

Was out chronogtaphing the .600, 8- and 4-bores yesterday. The flat for the sprue cut allows sometime to get a reading on the Lab Radar with spherical balls.

Interesting 8-bore bolt.
C

Cal Pappas, Willow, Alaska
www.CalPappas.com
www.CalPappas.blogspot.com
1994 Zimbabwe
1997 Zimbabwe
1998 Zimbabwe
1999 Zimbabwe
1999 Namibia, Botswana, Zambia--vacation
2000 Australia
2002 South Africa
2003 South Africa
2003 Zimbabwe
2005 South Africa
2005 Zimbabwe
2006 Tanzania
2006 Zimbabwe--vacation
2007 Zimbabwe--vacation
2008 Zimbabwe
2012 Australia
2013 South Africa
2013 Zimbabwe
2013 Australia
2016 Zimbabwe
2017 Zimbabwe
2018 South Africa
2018 Zimbabwe--vacation
2019 South Africa
2019 Botswana
2019 Zimbabwe vacation
2021 South Africa
2021 South Africa (2nd hunt a month later)

Posts: 7281 | Location: Willow, Alaska | Registered: 29 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DuggaBoye
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Big Wonderful Wyoming:
Good to know.

25% commission to the buyer, never heard of it switched to the buyer.

That is a rough pill to swallow.

Makes a $5500 Heym a $6900 Heym. There are Kreighoff's on Guns International for only a couple thousands more.

I guess I'll watch and see they pops up.

I'd be really happy with a mid-caliber 400 to 470 Heym for $9000 out the door.

Almost all major auction houses attempt to soak both buyer and seller , at time to the tune of 50%-(totaL)

one must negotiate the percentage carefully when selling---
an be observant of the "rules" when bidding

DuggaBoye-O
NRA-Life
Whittington-Life
TSRA-Life
DRSS
DSC
HSC
SCI

Posts: 4593 | Location: TX | Registered: 03 March 2009Reply With Quote