THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    Double Rifle with a Sense of Humor
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Double Rifle with a Sense of Humor
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted
I am seriously and strongly tempted.

Ironic Chapuis on Auction at RIA

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13306 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
One Of Us
posted Hide Post
Ha, Ha..... If it MOOS!!

Real sense of humor!!

Good luck!!

470EDDY

Posts: 2528 | Location: The Other Washington | Registered: 24 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
I'm sorry, but that type of expensive humor and joke does absolutely nothing for me. I guess each to their own however. A guy shooting that must be required to wear a pith helmet, large gold chains and pantaloons as mandatory gear! rotflmo

One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Use Enough Gun:
I'm sorry, but that type of expensive humor and joke does absolutely nothing for me. I guess each to their own however. A guy shooting that must be required to wear a pith helmet, large gold chains and pantaloons as mandatory gear! rotflmo

After a bit of thought, my ardor has waned. Big Grin

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13306 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Frostbit
posted Hide Post
"Load it here"

That must be for Blaser owners. animal

2015 His & Her Leopards with Derek Littleton of Luwire Safaris - http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/2971090112
2015 Trophy Bull Elephant with CMS http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/1651069012
DIY Brooks Range Sheep Hunt 2013 - http://forums.accuratereloadin...901038191#9901038191
Zambia June/July 2012 with Andrew Baldry - Royal Kafue http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/7971064771
Zambia Sept 2010- Muchinga Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/4211096141
Namibia Sept 2010 - ARUB Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6781076141

Posts: 7569 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 05 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BaxterB
posted Hide Post
For a moment consider our PH friend when his exuberant client, Cheshire Cat smile akimbo, beckons him over as he pulls this baby from his mink-lined case.

At least the PH will be drinking their whisky…

One of Us
Picture of Sarg
posted Hide Post
There is some funny stuff on that rifle & a few of my clients could do with a rifle so marked !

Posts: 459 | Location: New Zealand - Australia - South Africa | Registered: 14 October 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dukxdog
posted Hide Post
PH's loaner rifle

GOA Life Member
NRA Benefactor Member
Life Member Dallas Safari Club
Westley Richards 450 NE 3 1/4"

Posts: 859 | Location: Idaho/Wyoming/South Dakota | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With Quote
One Of Us
Picture of new_guy
posted Hide Post
Knowing the owner who commissioned the rifle, it is very fitting with his personality. He's a great guy.

www.heymusa.com

HSC Booth # 306
SCI Booth # 3947

one of us
posted Hide Post
There was Merkel double floating around some years ago with similar whimsical engraving. Actually sorry I passed on it

Posts: 568 | Location: Escaped to Montana  | Registered: 01 March 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by new_guy:
Knowing the owner who commissioned the rifle, it is very fitting with his personality. He's a great guy.

BULL! That is a fine little double rifle that was ruined with "third grade comedy" 2020

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One Of Us
Picture of new_guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MacD37:
quote:

BULL! That is a fine little double rifle that was ruined with "third grade comedy" 2020

Bull that it fits with his personality, or Bull he is a great guy?

www.heymusa.com

HSC Booth # 306
SCI Booth # 3947

One of Us
Picture of McKay
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by MacD37:
quote:

Bull that it fits with his personality, or Bull he is a great guy?

I loved it! So did my buddies. We had a good laugh!

Mac

Posts: 1718 | Location: Salt Lake City, UT | Registered: 01 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mac, you could have your 577 Marcel Thys made up just like that!

Posts: 20067 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Biebs:

......... jumping
........................... oldMacD37 Big Grin

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of McKay
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Biebs:

Haha, I think it's appropriate that it was done to a Chapuis, Big Grin

Mac

Posts: 1718 | Location: Salt Lake City, UT | Registered: 01 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
That is some funny stuff! Brought a smile to my face!

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote