THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    Heym 89B .500 N.E. at Rock Island Auction...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Heym 89B .500 N.E. at Rock Island Auction...
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
It will be interesting what it goes for, I’ll put $20 it sells for less than $16,000. I guess it was close to $30,000 new.

Case colors, 85% plus engraving, barely fired.

https://www.proxibid.com/Art-A...on/57424343#topoflot

Posts: 1278 | Location: The Bluegrass State | Registered: 21 October 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Colin Masters:
It will be interesting what it goes for, I’ll put $20 it sells for less than $16,000. I guess it was close to $30,000 new.

Case colors, 85% plus engraving, barely fired.

https://www.proxibid.com/Art-A...on/57424343#topoflot

Question is the internet premium in addition to the buyers premium ?

Thanks,

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
Proxy bid is not RI auctions; just do it directly with the auction house. No need to put a middle agency in the deal.

Posts: 17046 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Premium is 21.5% ???

Posts: 20076 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nice rifle. I've drooled over these for a while and wanted one in .500, although considered another .470. Only thing I don't like is the safety. This one's probably a bit long for me too. Agree on the comments about the premiums. Rationalizations as to why I shouldn't follow up on this. Biebs is already seeing the danger signs.

Posts: 9951 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Logic 101:

Large caliber DRs = African Hunting

African hunting is dead due to virus, insurrections, travel/rifle restrictions, Jihad groups, trophy import bans, etc

Thus large caliber DRs are dead

Posts: 20076 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Biebs:
Logic 101:

African hunting is dead due to virus, insurrections, travel/rifle restrictions, Jihad groups, trophy import bans, etc

Which is why I bought a.375 Flanged.

USMC Retired
DSC Life Member
SCI Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 730 | Location: Maryland Eastern Shore | Registered: 27 September 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A useful caliber!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
How would a Krieghoff compare?

Posts: 1312 | Location: MN and ND | Registered: 11 June 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Logic 101:

The dr marked is dead. No movement at all.

I spoke with a seller in regards to one of his guns on GI...he was prepared to take it of the marked for a few years rather than go low. Might be wise.

DRSS: HQ Scandinavia. Chapters in Sweden & Norway

Posts: 2805 | Location: Denmark | Registered: 09 June 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Wildcatter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Logic 101:

Since this is clearly the case, I will trade my 1956 vintage double rifle in the sensible chambering of 470 Nitro Express straight across for a useless 577 Nitro double. Included is a lifetime supply of premium reloading componentS and a die set. Any takers? Big Grin

Shoot the largest caliber you can shoot well, and practice, practice, practice.

Posts: 788 | Location: Central Texas, U.S. | Registered: 20 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
No but I have a Marcel Thys 577 that I will trade for cash...

Posts: 568 | Location: Escaped to Montana  | Registered: 01 March 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Marcel Thys 577

That's a spectacular rifle!

one of us
posted Hide Post
It is, just too short for me. I replaced it with a Heym Sidelock (that was pictured here some time back)

Posts: 568 | Location: Escaped to Montana  | Registered: 01 March 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I replaced it with a Heym Sidelock

Is that the "Jumbo" action?

One of Us
Picture of CHIPB
posted Hide Post
Hi,Jon. Yes, the Heym sidelocks in .577 NE and .600 NE were built on what Heym called their “Jumbo” action. I’m not certain, but I think Heym discontinued these sidekick models in favor of the boxlock actions. I’m pretty sure the .600 NE is not available as a boxlock. Cheers. Chip.

Posts: 268 | Location: TUCSON, AZ | Registered: 18 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
https://www.heymusa.com/rifles/89b.html

Biggest caliber offered is .577.

Posts: 1278 | Location: The Bluegrass State | Registered: 21 October 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes, I believe it was Verney Carron who recently came out with a 600 NE double.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sold for $16,000 on the button.