Find
Notify
Tools

450/400 3" AMMO
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Bill73
posted
I am looking for some Hornady DGX,all the places seem to be out of stock,any leads would be appreciated,thanks.

DRSS

Posts: 2277 | Location: MI | Registered: 20 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Mike Brooks
posted Hide Post
Look at gunbrokers.com. There's usually some there.

NRA Life
ASSRA Life
DRSS

Today's Quote:
Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a free cell phone with free monthly minutes, food stamps, section 8 housing, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.

Posts: 4096 | Location: Cherkasy Ukraine  | Registered: 19 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bill, just about everybody is out, but Impact Guns (www.impactguns.com) shows them in stock.

Posts: 20076 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bill73
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys,appreciate the help.

DRSS

One of Us
Picture of Bill73
posted Hide Post
No luck so far still looking,everything available except the DGX!

DRSS

One of Us
Picture of Chris Lozano
posted Hide Post
Bal Your buddy in GR helped me find some, but it was DGS or nothing.

Posts: 753 | Location: Michigan USA | Registered: 27 September 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bill73
posted Hide Post
Chris,
yes I checked with him,DGX seems to be unavailable,I gotta cut the sights on my 400,it's regulated with DGX,I am stuck it seems Frowner

DRSS

One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
My 450-400 K shoots DGX and DGS interchangeably and when I can't get DGXs, I shoot DGS which seems easier to get. (Bullets for handloads I mean).

Posts: 17046 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bill73:
Chris,
yes I checked with him,DGX seems to be unavailable,I gotta cut the sights on my 400,it's regulated with DGX,I am stuck it seems Frowner

Just because it is regulated with DGX, doesn't mean it won't shoot other ammo.

Can you reload, get someone to reload for you, get Superior Ammo to reload for you ?

Posts: 3191 | Location: Victoria, Australia | Registered: 01 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Mike Brooks
posted Hide Post
Like I said, gunbroker.com

http://www.gunbroker.com/Aucti....aspx?Item=192981463

NRA Life
ASSRA Life
DRSS

Today's Quote:
Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a free cell phone with free monthly minutes, food stamps, section 8 housing, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.

Posts: 4096 | Location: Cherkasy Ukraine  | Registered: 19 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bill73
posted Hide Post
Mike,
thanks for the tip,I did follow up on it,it is not the DGX ammo which I am looking for,

500N,
you are correct that it will shoot reloads and possibly other brands of ammo,that is after the sights have been cut with the ammo that it is regulated for,incidentally Superior ammo knows shit about loading for double rifles,they will never get any more business from me.

quote:
Originally posted by Mike Brooks:
Like I said, gunbroker.com

http://www.gunbroker.com/Aucti....aspx?Item=192981463

DRSS

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bill73:

500N,
you are correct that it will shoot reloads and possibly other brands of ammo,that is after the sights have been cut with the ammo that it is regulated for,incidentally Superior ammo knows shit about loading for double rifles,they will never get any more business from me.

Are you saying that you can't duplicate the Hornady loads with your own reloads without re cutting the sights ?

I just find that hard to believe considering almost all DR's I have shot have been able to have reloads worked up for.

Just curious that's all.

Send me a PM if you want.

Posts: 3191 | Location: Victoria, Australia | Registered: 01 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Mike Brooks
posted Hide Post
Bill, They only make 2 types. DGX (eXpanding aka soft points, and DGS - solids.. The seller worded it incorrectly.
This is what you want.

FWIW both types hit the same POA in my 450's.

NRA Life
ASSRA Life
DRSS

Today's Quote:

One of Us
Picture of Mike Brooks
posted Hide Post
I stand corrected Bill, I looked at some of the boxes for my 450's and they say "Dangerous Game"
where these say," Custom" and mine does say DGX on the end panel.

My bad... Frowner

NRA Life
ASSRA Life
DRSS

Today's Quote:

One of Us
Picture of Bill73
posted Hide Post
Mike,
it is not the same ammo as the DGX,I did call the vendor & spoke to him,I think what he has is an earlier version that Hornady no longer sells.

500N,
I am sending the gun to JJ at Champlins to check the fixed leaf and cut the second folding leaf,he requested a box of factory ammo in order to do this,I am sure once the sights are in order,I shall have no problems reloading e.t.c for this rifle.

DRSS

One of Us
Picture of Bill73
posted Hide Post
Mike,
no problem sir,thanks for trying to help.

DRSS