Find
Notify
Tools

My Heym 89B 500 came in
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of FMC
posted
Wonderful rifle. Sold my VC to my buddy. I’m going to Zim in April, he’s going to SA in May.

There are two types of people in the world: those that get things done and those who make excuses. There are no others.

Posts: 1428 | Location: El Campo Texas | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
Looks nice Frank

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Lovely tu2

Happy hunting!

DRSS

Posts: 1904 | Location: Australia | Registered: 25 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Wildcatter
posted Hide Post
Sweet rifle. How does it fit you?

RC

Shoot the largest caliber you can shoot well, and practice, practice, practice.

Posts: 788 | Location: Central Texas, U.S. | Registered: 20 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of FMC
posted Hide Post
Fits like a glove. Chris had given me the measurements and I went to Gordy's in Houston to have my VC measured. The Heym was IIRC 1/4" longer in LOP and 1/16 off in cast (forgot which way). Bottom line is it was close enough for me to sell my VC knowing I would red dot it anyway.

But.......... I lost 75# since I was measured for the VC. When I put the Heym up to my cheek and opened my eyes BAM- bead was centered.

The icing on the cake is that the guy who bought my VC only wanted to use factory ammo. Hornady is 20 vs 10 in a box with Norma so I made out like a bandit.

There are two types of people in the world: those that get things done and those who make excuses. There are no others.

Posts: 1428 | Location: El Campo Texas | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nice!
Looks like you won the wood lottery.
What red dot sight are you going with?

Posts: 670 | Location: Western USA | Registered: 08 September 2018Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Pretty rifle. Very nice!
Good job on the ammo supply as well.

Posts: 434 | Location: CA.  | Registered: 26 October 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of FMC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 4WD:
Nice!
Looks like you won the wood lottery.
What red dot sight are you going with?

I have both the Trijicon and the Leica. The Trijicon base did not fit on my VC, it was cut for the Rechnagel/Dr.Optic mount. So I bought the adapter plate to fit the Trijicon onto the mount. And then I bought the Leica red dot at '20 DSC which fits the Rechnagel mount.

Of course Heym has their own dovetail........Chris only has the TRijicon base so I have it coming- I assume the adapter plate goes both ways.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
FMC,
I will be interested in which RMR you prefer. I have the Trijicon and it seems to be well made and Leica has a great reputation for optic quality. The only thing I don’t like about the Trijicon is you have to remove the sight to change the battery.

Posts: 670 | Location: Western USA | Registered: 08 September 2018Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Ready Aim Shoot
posted Hide Post
Nice double.I especially like the wood.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have two pre-sigted in Trijicon red dots for my Heym 89B in 450NE. If I remember correctly the battery powered on is a 3 minute dot and the non-battery one is a post. I wanted one that does not require a battery as the Trijicon red dot does have to be removed from the mount to change the battery and I did not want the potential issues that could cause in the field. That being said, I have a battery powered Trijicon on m 470NE Heym 88B and it has been there for YEARS without needing to change the battery.

Posts: 157 | Location: Dallas area | Registered: 07 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Congratulations! Beautiful rifle.

One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
I have RMRs for two of my double rifles that require a battery. I put in a fresh one just before I leave for a hunt. I've never needed a battery in the field when hunting, even though I carry a spare. And yes, nice double!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Love it.

Posts: 10798 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Clayman
posted Hide Post
Wow, very nice. Can't wait to see the trophy photos when you get back!

BTW - what's she weigh?

Posts: 1225 | Location: Gilbertsville, PA | Registered: 08 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of PD999
posted Hide Post
Lovely wood!

Are the barrels 24in or 26in?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition” ― Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 1231 | Location: London, UK | Registered: 02 April 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of FMC
posted Hide Post
26”, 12# on the button.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nice....I like 26" barrels as well.

Posts: 20083 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
Heym makes superb guns and this is no exception.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9860 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What velocity do you get from the Hornady Ammo?

DRSS

Posts: 1904 | Location: Australia | Registered: 25 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of FMC
posted Hide Post
I’m getting 2130s/2140s......

One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
Nice rifle.

Posts: 17094 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm in love.

Beautiful and have been drooling over these. Congrats on a great rifle.

Posts: 9994 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One Of Us
Picture of new_guy
posted Hide Post
Can't wait to see the trophy pics, Frank!

www.heymusa.com

HSC Booth # 306
SCI Booth # 3947

One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by new_guy:
Can't wait to see the trophy pics, Frank!

Chris,

He posted in the hunting reports section and it looked like a grand time.

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Posts: 3433 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote