THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    Thanks Again Idaho Sharpshooter
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Thanks Again Idaho Sharpshooter
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of CCMDoc
posted
Well,

I pulled the triggers (both - therefore doubled) on another Sabatti - this time a 450/400. beer

Based on all of the positive feedlback on this caliber as well as the enpty spot in my safe (one other is reserved for my Verney-Carron 600 NE in about 8 months as previously described) I just couldn't help myself. Cool

ISS was kind enough to do some legwork on my behalf and check this DR out (along with 2kuduhunter and twoseventy) and came back "thumbs-up". Only after he went back to apply the thumbscrews th the holdouts at Boise Cabelas was I able to close the deal. hammering

Now to acquire some components and begin the loading process while I wait for delivery.

Thanks again - everyone and particularly ISS.

NRA Lifer; DSC Lifer; SCI member; DRSS; AR member since November 9 2003

Don't Save the best for last, the smile for later or the "Thanks" for tomorow

Posts: 3460 | Location: In the Shadow of Griffin&Howe | Registered: 24 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
We have to take care of each other.

This one had the nicest wood I have seen on a Sabatti to date, out of a dozen or so.

Rich
DRSS

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CCMDoc:
Well,

I pulled the triggers (both - therefore doubled) on another Sabatti - this time a 450/400. beer

Based on all of the positive feedlback on this caliber as well as the enpty spot in my safe (one other is reserved for my Verney-Carron 600 NE in about 8 months as previously described) I just couldn't help myself. Cool

ISS was kind enough to do some legwork on my behalf and check this DR out (along with 2kuduhunter and twoseventy) and came back "thumbs-up". Only after he went back to apply the thumbscrews th the holdouts at Boise Cabelas was I able to close the deal. hammering

Now to acquire some components and begin the loading process while I wait for delivery.

Thanks again - everyone and particularly ISS.

Doc I would go ahead and build my supply og componants, but I wouldn't load more than about ten rounds, a little on the low side till I saw how the rifle was going to shoot. It would be bad to load 100 rounds and then find they didn't regulate properly in your rifle!

Congratulations on your new twin tube rifle! beer

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CCMDoc
posted Hide Post
Mac,

Good advice and I will take it. I usually bring a bunch of rifles when I head Upstate and let the barrels cool on the first while playing with the next.

Right now tough to find Hornady 450/400 brass in stock at any of the big places.

Thanks and will report back when I have had the pleasure of playing with the Sabatti twins.

NRA Lifer; DSC Lifer; SCI member; DRSS; AR member since November 9 2003

Don't Save the best for last, the smile for later or the "Thanks" for tomorow

Posts: 3460 | Location: In the Shadow of Griffin&Howe | Registered: 24 November 2007Reply With Quote