THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    Seeking British 375Flanged Magnum
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Seeking British 375Flanged Magnum
 Login/Join

One Of Us
posted
I have owned and sold a couple of nice William Evans boxlock ejector doubles... none had scope capability... and I always thought I was in too deep!!

I have missed a couple on auction... and last winter Little John's called me on the wrong auction item.

Please PM me if you have or know of a reasonably priced British BLE in 375 Flanged Mag. Yes, I know there are several crazy priced, and a drilling...

I replaced my 450-400 3 " finally, thanks to a tip from Colin M here!! I am hoping for another Lucky buy!!

I have cash as well as some interesting trades...

CheerZ,

470EDDY

Posts: 2547 | Location: The Other Washington | Registered: 24 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the shout out.

There was a .375 flanged that just sold for $9000 and change at rock island.

Posts: 1278 | Location: The Bluegrass State | Registered: 21 October 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Colin Masters:
Thanks for the shout out.

There was a .375 flanged that just sold for $9000 and change at rock island.

Wow!

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Posts: 3429 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
I love my 375 H&H Flanged! tu2 Deadly, very accurate, and simply beautiful! tu2 tu2 However, it is a Searcy like its big brother, the 450-400. . . . . . Big Grin Good luck with your hunt. You'll love the caliber! tu2

One Of Us
posted Hide Post
Colin,
That was a 21/2" and a nice double... I want the full Flanged Mag 2.94".

There was also a nice H&H ROYAL 375FLMAG, but it had been reproofed in 2006?? Maybe a rebore??- a No No!! Also restocked... I didn't bid or follow that one. Curious what it sold for??

CheerZ,

470EDDY

Posts: 2547 | Location: The Other Washington | Registered: 24 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
George Caswell at Champlin sold me a Chapuis 375 Flanged Magnum a few years ago. I am very pleased with it. It regulates any 300 gr or 235 gr bullet with 63 grains of Reloader 15. I am sending it to JJ to have an RMR installed. With my 67 year old eyes I want to see how far that will extend its reach.

It is a great round.

USMC Retired
DSC Life Member
SCI Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 730 | Location: Maryland Eastern Shore | Registered: 27 September 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ozhunter
posted Hide Post
I have a lovely refurbished Westley Richards box lock in 375F and set of barrels in 7x57F. Both barrel sets have matching new swing off S&B #4 scopes . Stocked in Exa grade Turkish walnut Refurbished in Ferlach Austria.
Can Email Photos.
Regards,
Adam

Posts: 5886 | Location: Sydney,Australia  | Registered: 03 July 2005Reply With Quote
One Of Us
posted Hide Post
PM SENT-

470EDDY

One Of Us
posted Hide Post
Gentlemen,
Good Guy Report-
I have quickly struck a deal with MCJ on his fine Joseph Lang. Mark is a real gentleman and straight shooter and we quickly agreed on everything!! A real pleasure and a tribute to the Good Guys here on AR!!

Thanks to everyone who responded, I appreciate all of your input and other offers!!

CheerZ,

470EDDY

One Of Us
posted Hide Post
Well, I am back in the hunt again!!

Reluctantly, I sent the Lang on to another buyer who was enthusiastic about the gun.

I found the Lang was built in 1909, before the 375 Flanged Mag was introduced... so the rifle had been rechambered and reproofed, or rebarreled, and there was no record of this by Atkin, Grant and Lang....

Please let me know if you have one collecting dust or see one at auction. There are a few Belted Rimless doubles out there right now.... and 2 Holland Dominions that are priced out the roof against today's Real market, and one rechambered from 21/2"!! NOT THAT I CAN'T SPEND THE MONEY, I WON'T, I am just to old to ride out another market cycle... if there ever is one in British doubles again??!!

CheerZ,

470EDDY

One of Us
Picture of crshelton
posted Hide Post
470EDDY,
best wishes in your hunt for the .375 Flanged DR.
I found it interesting that the .375 FLM 300 grain velocity is just a bit more than the factory 300 grain velocity of 2250 fps of my .405 WCF Double Rifle. Both make for a very deadly big game load.
One nice thing about the .405 is the ability to load 400 grain Woodleigh Weldcore bullets to 2100 and 2200 fps and achieve the field performance of the 450/400 cartridge .
I first learned this when prepping my Winchester 1895 TD .405 for a Cape buff hunt and achieved 2100 fps with the 400 grain Woodie. That was fast enough!

Good hunting!

NRA Life Benefactor Member,
DRSS, DWWC, Whittington
Center,Android Reloading
Ballistics App at
http://www.xplat.net/

Posts: 2293 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 25 May 2009Reply With Quote
One Of Us
posted Hide Post
CR-

What is your 405 Win double rifle??

A good friend I shoot with in Oregon has a beautiful Churchill Sidelock!! Sweet.

The 405 Win is really an unsung American cartridge!!

CheerZ,

470EDDY

One Of Us
posted Hide Post
PM Sent regarding 405 Win commentary.... I have two... a Win 1895 and a Francott BLE double!! Great thoughts!!

CheerZ,

470EDDY

One of Us
Picture of crshelton
posted Hide Post
My .405 double is a Simson Co Suhl gun with Talley QD rings on scope and Talley compatible slots and grooves in the rear rib as shown below;

It is regulated with the Express sights and the low mounting of the scope allows viewing in line with the rear standing leaf.

DRSS, DWWC, Whittington
Center,Android Reloading
Ballistics App at

Posts: 2293 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 25 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of crshelton
posted Hide Post
Agreed that the .405 is an accurate and powerful round and fully capable of much more than most know.
I shot a water buff at 45 yards and the 300 grain North Fork CPS turned the right shoulder joint to bone meal, shot through the heart, and was recovered under the off side skin. As I was intently focused on the shot, I saw the bullet impact and the glazed look in the eyes as the head hit the ground and bounced! DRT before it hit the ground! The landowner also observed this and said that it was a first for him. !
This is one of the reasons that I favor NF bullets.

DRSS, DWWC, Whittington
Center,Android Reloading
Ballistics App at

One Of Us
posted Hide Post
Hello CR:

Nice banduki!!

I think there is enough height to the rib on my Francott 405 that a good gunsmith could mill the Tally groves in it to attach a low power scope like the Leupold you are using?

Is North Fork still making bullets? I heard the owner retired and closed it down? Were you using a 300gr NF bullet?? WOW!! Amazing performance!!

What powder and loads are you using with the NF, and the 400gr Woodleigh... same as shown in the Woodleigh loading manual??

Where did you hunt the Water Buffalo?? Texas or Florida??

Thank you for your input!! I did more research on the paper ballistics... Bang On!!

CheerZ,

470EDDY

One of Us
Picture of crshelton
posted Hide Post
NF is making bullets in Sweden and shipping them to the USA!!! NOW.

A competent DG smith/maker can remove the rear rib, mill it and replace it if needed.
The man that made my rear rib passed away and his widow had an auction to sell off left over "stuff" and some rear ribs like mine.

If your smith cannot handle this, I can recommend a couple in Texas, OK, Colorado, etc.

I do not have the Woodleigh manual. I have other sources plus my own.
Such as the VV manual since I mostly use VV N133 powder.

Lunch time, more later.

DRSS, DWWC, Whittington
Center,Android Reloading
Ballistics App at

One of Us
Picture of crshelton
posted Hide Post
On the topic of shooting a water buff in Texas, here is a picture of the bull that my friend wounded with his 30-06 and killed with my 1895 .405 WCF when Joe was his guide. It made a fine shoulder mount.
If you want one like it, I can check with Joe on availability, location, and price.

DRSS, DWWC, Whittington
Center,Android Reloading
Ballistics App at

One of Us
Picture of crshelton
posted Hide Post
BTW, here is the 50 yard regulation target Aaron gave me when I picked up my Simson .405 DR.

DRSS, DWWC, Whittington
Center,Android Reloading
Ballistics App at

One Of Us
posted Hide Post
CRS- WOW!! That is really a tight group!! Speaks well for Aaron's regulation, shooting and your SIMPSON!!

YES, I would be interested in more info on the Texas Water Buffalo!!

FYI, I shot my great bull Bison on the Triple U Ranch, South Dakota, with my 1895 Winchester 405. One shot, old Winchester factory ammo... frontal brain!!
My guide was Sargent Spivey in DANCES WITH WOLVES.... filmed on the ranch!! He was grandson of the ranch owner. The movie set town was still there when we hunted... great memory!!

Thank you for sharing!!

CheerZ,

470EDDY

One Of Us
posted Hide Post
Well, I didn't bid on the little 22LR/410 J&L WILKINS set that came up on auction today... one of 3 sets that Chris Soyza and team did... hammered at $20,000!!

Saving my money for the right 375FlMag...while I tune up my 2 405 Winchesters... an 1895 Win, and a great little G&H, Francott double.

I was teased well today with a Holland Royal, 375 Belted Mag that has just come up on GI... further investigation shows it to be still carrying the original proof marks of the 375EX 21/2" NE!!... it is a 1880s-90s serial number...and someone in the past has poked it out, not to just Flanged Magnum... but full Belted Magnum!!

Maybe I am jinxed??!!

470EDDY