Find
Notify
Tools

Wolverine Boots
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Labman
posted
About a year ago I purchased a pair of Wolverine Durashock boots. I bought these mainly for casual wear. I also thought they would make a good boot for hunting in Africa since they are uninsulated and don't have a gore tex lining. Just the thing for hunting in dry warm weather. I was wrong.

I just returned from a cull in in South Africa. I wore these boots only for one day. The terrain was rather rocky and the soles on these boots literally fell apart. Large pieces of the soles were ripped off by the rocks.

Fortunately, I also had a pair of Danner Pronghorn boots with me. The Danners held up fine for 11 days of hunting. The Wolverines crapped out after only 1 day. My first and last pair of Wolverine boots.

I called Wolverine customer service and found they wouldn't cover any repairs/replacement under warranty.

NO MORE WOLVERINE BOOTS FOR ME.

Tom Z

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2286 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 07 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good info to know. Wolverine used to be good boots.

Posts: 2173 | Location: NORTHWEST NEW MEXICO, USA | Registered: 05 March 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
That sadly is the frequent story of things made off shore especially China ! Sad to see so many companies go under to try to get the product cheaper . thumbdown

One of Us
Picture of Labman
posted Hide Post
Update - It's only fair that I give an update on this issue with Wolverine. I had given up on these boots and just threw them in the corner of my garage and forgot about them. I came across the boots a few weeks ago and was about to throw them in the trash when I decided to give Wolverine another call.

The lady I spoke to this time was very helpful and even sent me a UPS prepaid return label. I sent the boots back and today a new pair arrived at my house. I guess it all depends upon who you speak to in their customer service department. I'll make sure not to wear this pair in rough country since they have the same sole as the original boots.

Tom Z

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2286 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 07 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the Wolverine update.

Here is what I would buy if I were going to Africa:

http://www.russellmoccasin.com/safari-boots/

Posts: 97 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 06 February 2009Reply With Quote