Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone use Mosquito Barrier?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of BBTURTLE
posted
Mosquitoes are out of control as always and I was wondering if anyone has tried this and did it do the job?
Also if you have used it I would like to know the quantity actually needed.
Thanks

BTTS
T [Cool]

Posts: 1115 | Location: SE PA | Registered: 29 May 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
BB
Don't know what your talking about but the best stuff I've used is called "Bushman" Its an Aussie product but damn its good. I work out doors and its the best I've come across.

Bakes

Posts: 7964 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of BBTURTLE
posted Hide Post
Bakes -
This stuff is a garlic extract that you spray out side.
here is the web url
http://www.mosquitobarrier.com/

Turtle [Cool]

one of us
posted Hide Post
While camping last week a guy told me that there was a pill designed to repel mosquito's,after the camping trip I went to my local pharmacy and asked if they heard of such a pill.the pharmacist said he has not heard of such a pill,but the other guy said that cat nip repels the skeeters,has anyone heard of this.

Posts: 262 | Location: pa | Registered: 09 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Cat nip repels [Confused] Oh contraire. It attracts [Big Grin] .

Back To The Bowl
Birman [Razz]

Posts: 515 | Location: The fields of Delaware but now Pa too | Registered: 04 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Turtle; Save your money and make your own Pineoil. Just puree a mess of pine(or any evergreen) needles and extract the juice. I strip a hand fu[ of needles while in the bush when bothered,rub the needles vigerously between my hands then apply the oils to ward off the mosquitos and yellowjackets. These insects cannott fly inamoungst the pine branches so they stay away from the pine smell. Simple,no? derf

Posts: 3450 | Location: Aldergrove,BC,Canada | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of BBTURTLE
posted Hide Post
I think people are missing the point here [Confused] . This stuff is sprayed on foliage and the ground to rid the area for an extended period of time [Smile] . This is not for a person to use on him/her self but meant as a controlling substance [Smile] . I think I will get some and then I'll let you know how/if it works [Roll Eyes] .

Back To The Stove
Turtle [Cool]

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Opps,I stand corrected. derf

Posts: 3450 | Location: Aldergrove,BC,Canada | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
My mother swears that if you get a white plate, put some water in it and then put lemon scented dishwashing soap in it it will repel the mosquitos. I haven't tried it, but she is my mom!

Posts: 659 | Location: Texas | Registered: 28 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That sounds a bit like citronella(sp?). Mama wouldn't steer you wrong! derf

one of us
Picture of BBTURTLE
posted Hide Post
I have not tried this stuff as yet but have thrown some DE over some places for a test. This does have an impact on ticks and such but anything that flies seems to be not effected.
I will try it soon.

Back to the stove
Turtle [Cool]

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BBTURTLE:
I think people are missing the point here [Confused] . This stuff is sprayed on foliage and the ground to rid the area for an extended period of time [Smile] . This is not for a person to use on him/her self but meant as a controlling substance [Smile] . I think I will get some and then I'll let you know how/if it works [Roll Eyes] .

Back To The Stove
Turtle [Cool]

I think it would work even better if you spray it on yourself. For that matter, why not just use OFF?

I don't use mosquito repellents. I just let them bite and ignore it. I grew up in clouds of the little buggers in Michigan, and I just learned to tune it out.

H. C.

Posts: 3691 | Location: West Virginia | Registered: 23 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Derf - Your suggestion is interesting and worth a try.

Henry - I think you grew up before the golden age of "Nile Virus." This disease has killed a lot of people in Colorado this summer and should be taken seriously.

Besides, it just pisses me off for something to bite me without permission. [Mad] Maybe I'm just getting old and cranky. [Confused]

Posts: 19677 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: 23 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The best mosquito repellent I have ever used is Amway D-15. It works well, even on golf courses!! [Eek!]

Posts: 2758 | Location: Fernley, NV-- the center of the shootin', four-wheelin', ATVin' and dirt-bikin' universe | Registered: 28 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of D Humbarger
posted Hide Post
Chew up a few match heads.

Doug Humbarger
NRA Life member
Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club 72'73.
Yankee Station

Try to look unimportant. Your enemy might be low on ammo.

Posts: 8342 | Location: Jennings Louisiana, Arkansas by way of Alabama by way of South Carloina by way of County Antrim Irland by way of Lanarkshire Scotland. | Registered: 02 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
have you looked at the thermacell it is supposed
to have an effective radius of 15 ft

Posts: 136 | Location: s.e. bc | Registered: 16 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have a real problem with them so I broke down and bought the Mosquito Magnet - Liberty Model. I was a bit skeptical but thought I could tell a difference after two weeks. I forgot and let it run out of propane and it was off for about 5 days. BOY DOES THAT THING WORK! It actually attracts mosquitos to it and then catches them. You change out the net and propane every 21 days, but for me it has made the difference in my literally using or not using my yard. Good Luck!

Posts: 659 | Location: Texas | Registered: 28 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NitroX
posted Hide Post
So garlic does actually repel blood suckers.

John H.

NitroExpress.com - the net's double rifle forum

Posts: 10138 | Location: Wine Country, Barossa Valley, Australia | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of N. S. Sherlock
posted Hide Post
I don't know about you folks, but we have west nile virus here and human victims too. Its worse on older people also. Check the CDC site for info. When I start hunting again pretty soon we have enough mosquitos here to eat your ears off and I see the dead birds from west nile here and there. I use 100% DEET, and keep putting it on till the mosquitos give up. Your choice of repellent !

"Make yourselves sheep and the wolves will eat you" G. ned ludd

Posts: 2374 | Location: Eastern North Carolina | Registered: 27 August 2003Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
i use two things..
1: skinstastic
2: b vitamin complex (that's the pill to keep them off you)

2 a day, 3 days before (a week is better) and 2 a day while "out there"

you'll pee bright, and you need to take with food

jeffe

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38381 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote