New
Find
Notify
Tools

Timberline chainsaw sharpener
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
This is a great sharpener for anyone that does a fair amount of firewood cutting. Timberline Sharpener It's a little pricey, but it gives great results. Follow the instructions on seating a new chain and the subsequent sharpening's are a breeze. Read some of the reviews online, lots of folks are saying good things about it. I've been real impressed with mine.

Posts: 472 | Location: Denton, Texas | Registered: 18 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the tip.

Posts: 219 | Location: North Fork, ID | Registered: 24 May 2006Reply With Quote

Picture of Mark
posted Hide Post
I do a fair amount of cutting, my latest favorite sharpener that I've used for a few years now is the dremel "Chain Sharp". It works well and is quite fast. The main issues to me are that you go through stones a bit, and you can get diamond sharpeners for them now which seem to last forever but take 2-3 times longer to sharpen than the stones do.

Anyway, I am always in the market for something better so 1) how long does it take to sharpen a tooth on average? and 2) how much are cutters to replace, and how many sharpenings does a cutter usually last?

for every hour in front of the computer you should have 3 hours outside

Posts: 7757 | Location: Between 2 rivers, Middle USA | Registered: 19 August 2000Reply With Quote

Picture of Mark
posted Hide Post
LOL just realized the original post was from April 2015!

for every hour in front of the computer you should have 3 hours outside

Posts: 7757 | Location: Between 2 rivers, Middle USA | Registered: 19 August 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Canuck32
posted Hide Post
I use the timberline also. Absolutely nothing works as well to consistently correctly sharpen a chain IMO.

If you have that much to fight for, then you should be fighting. The sentiment that modern day ordinary Canadians do not need firearms for protection is pleasant but unrealistic. To discourage responsible deserving Canadians from possessing firearms for lawful self-defence and other legitimate purposes is to risk sacrificing them at the altar of political correctness."

- Alberta Provincial Court Judge Demetrick

Posts: 615 | Location: Alberta | Registered: 17 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of waterrat
posted Hide Post
I have a Maxx,,I have about 50 chains so every couple of years the whole shebang gets sharpened and good to go. One thing that make it easier for me is to sharpen all one side at a time and then after I flop it over use a claliper to even up every chain,,only takes a minute in production mode,my only problem is boredom!

I tend to use more than enough gun

Posts: 1407 | Location: lake iliamna alaska | Registered: 10 February 2005Reply With Quote