New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sleep Machine
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
We were out to Radio Shack gettin some allegator clips for a rechargeable battery and saw they had these little units that make background noises to help you sleep. My husband can't sleep unless he turns the furnace fan on to drown any other noises of traffic or barking dogs. I don't need background noise to sleep, probably because i don't hear as good as he does.

The brand name is Life Wise and it has 6 choices: brook, ocean, rain, forest, wind, train. I don't know why anyone would want to hear train noises in the bedroom????? That would be as bad as barking dogs.

The only one we been using is the brook. The rest of them repeat themselves in a way your mind quickly picks up on and you lay there waiting for that. For instance, rain, has a constant static sound intersperced with a few distinct drips. But the drips come in a pattern, drip drip.....DRIP DRIP DRIP, that is annoying. But the brook is pretty nice. It's better than the furnace fan.

If you could choose your own sounds, crickets or frogs would be nice.

Plinker

aim small, hit small

Posts: 1522 | Location: WV | Registered: 24 August 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of baboon
posted Hide Post
If I cannot sleep in a hotel room I will tune a radio between channels for static/white noise.It works for me.

Cry 'Havoc,' and let slip the dogs of war;
That this foul deed shall smell above the earth
With carrion men, groaning for burial.

Posts: 1107 | Location: Houston Texas | Registered: 06 March 2005Reply With Quote