New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hollow brand alpaca socks
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Years ago (60's) I bought a pricey pair of Justin boot socks and they lasted years--worth the extra cost. Then all of a sudden Justin boot socks were no better than run of the mill. I heard Thorlo had been making them and they switched. But I had started wearing Thorlo and they did cost more than most--but were worth it. Then I started wearing Darn Tough brand which are even more pricey but guaranteed for life. Great customer service and high percentage merino wool. Then I saw an ad for Hollow brand alpaca socks. Read that alpaca hair is superior to wool to include being warmer, no itch etc etc. I bought a pair and yes pricey but I got them yesterday and even sleeping in wool socks my feet got cold. My feet did not get cold last night and I'm a believer already in alpaca socks.

Posts: 3804 | Location: san angelo tx | Registered: 18 November 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
My sister uses Alpaca to make so many things. She has a friend or a connection for obtaining Alpaca wool where she lives. She has made me socks, a scarf and other things from it. I also have some very expensive Alpaca sweaters and love them! tu2

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I ordered a couple more pairs of alpaca socks and they are not Hollow brand. I don't like them. They have ridges which are uncomfortable. Buy the Hollow brand.

Posts: 3804 | Location: san angelo tx | Registered: 18 November 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the tip. Just ordered some from Hollow. They are offering discounts for orders of more than one pair.

I have been using Smart Wool and they have been good, but I'm always looking for better socks.

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13385 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
They are very comfortable.

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13385 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
tu2