New
Find
Notify
Tools

RCBS Casemaster
 Login/Join

<Bill B>
posted
Has anyone tried one of these. It is RCBS's answer to case/bullet runout. They retale in the area of $85.00. Any input will be appreciated. I have read the comments on the NECO, so now I am thinking, which way do I go? Any other runout gages that are better, less expensive. Best for the dollar spent is what I am looking for.

Thanks Bill B

<Savage 99>
posted
I bought one and it works fine. They are about $60 at Grafs.

I should have made one as I have a half dozen indicators here but I am lazy. Also the way they hold and position the case works well.

For the neck thickness measuring you don't need this device as a caliper will do it and the hook for finding insipiant head separations can be made from a coat hangar.

I measured the runout on the new 7MM WSM handloads I had just seated with Hornady New Dimension dies. They ran out .005" and worse. I got out some match ammo I have used for decades in 6MM Rem Intl. made by partial FL sizing with RCBS dies and it ran out .002" and better.

I kept the CaseMaster and sent back the Hornady dies.

<Bill B>
posted
Saveage99, Thanks, I was needing this type of answer. I have been contemplating one of these units, just wasn't sure if it would do the job.

Thanks for the reply.

Bill B.