New
Find
Notify
Tools

Gerber 2nd Foods Broccoli & Chicken
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I bought a couple of cans in with the basket of baby food I generally pick up for my baby girl. She is a good eater and will try most anything. She has eaten curry that her mother thinks is too spicy, for instance, favorably impressing the staff at an Indian restaurant we frequent.

My girl likes broccoli (real broccoli) a whole lot. She didn't like this stuff.

I opened the can, and to borrow a movie line, "It's a little loud."

Baby took a bite. Kind of held it in her mouth. It it was really bad, she'd have asked for a hand or a napkin to spit it in. She did eat it. I gave her a little bit of rice. Unfortunately, I used the same spoon. To make a long story short, the more she smelled and tasted of that broccoli'ed rice, the less she wanted of it. Toss a bowl of rice. Toss a jar of Gerber 2nd Foods Broccoli & Chicken. Save the other jar for plinking. Big glass of water. Jar of good old strained carrots to get the taste out of her mouth. Everyone is happy.

If you like the smell and taste of slightly over-ripe, greatly over-cooked cruciferous vegetables, you may enjoy this product. I don't, and my daughter may have inherited that from me. Seriously, I can recommend a few Gerber products, but I recommend you pass on this particular concoction.

H. C.

Posts: 3691 | Location: West Virginia | Registered: 23 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 8MM OR MORE
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HenryC470:
I bought a couple of cans in with the basket of baby food I generally pick up for my baby girl. She is a good eater and will try most anything. She has eaten curry that her mother thinks is too spicy, for instance, favorably impressing the staff at an Indian restaurant we frequent.

My girl likes broccoli (real broccoli) a whole lot. She didn't like this stuff.

I opened the can, and to borrow a movie line, "It's a little loud."

Baby took a bite. Kind of held it in her mouth. It it was really bad, she'd have asked for a hand or a napkin to spit it in. She did eat it. I gave her a little bit of rice. Unfortunately, I used the same spoon. To make a long story short, the more she smelled and tasted of that broccoli'ed rice, the less she wanted of it. Toss a bowl of rice. Toss a jar of Gerber 2nd Foods Broccoli & Chicken. Save the other jar for plinking. Big glass of water. Jar of good old strained carrots to get the taste out of her mouth. Everyone is happy.

If you like the smell and taste of slightly over-ripe, greatly over-cooked cruciferous vegetables, you may enjoy this product. I don't, and my daughter may have inherited that from me. Seriously, I can recommend a few Gerber products, but I recommend you pass on this particular concoction.

H. C.

When I have lost all my teeth, I will try to remember this, OK? Thanks, in case I forget where I heard this!! Smiler

Sacred cows make the best burgers.

Good Shooting!

Posts: 1944 | Location: Moses Lake, WA | Registered: 06 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Years ago (25?) my wife worked at a processing plant for the local farms. They had a sorting line for the different grades of veggies, the gerber grade was all the crap that they wouldn't use for anything else.

Posts: 129 | Location: Darrington Washington | Registered: 10 January 2005Reply With Quote