New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pro Shooters Mat....
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Being an old fart, I no longer find it comfortable to lay down in the prairie when prone shooting varmints at long range. I am not as resilient when it comes to cactus, hot soil, and rocks as I used to be!

Most competition shooting mats are larger and bulkier than I prefer to haul into the field. The Pro Shooters Mat from U.S. Tactical Supply is different. The name indicates its intended usage.

Very well made, this mat folds, not rolls, to a nice 23"x10"x3" package with the strap doubling as a carrying handle. Weight is 3 lbs, 9 oz. The folded mat straps nicely to a waist pack for walkabout.

In the field it performs wonderfully. The closed cell foam allows for a great deal of comfort and shooting stability. I have used mine only twice so far, however, I am extremely satisfied with it. No more picking thorns out of my levis or lugging around big rolls that are not really intended for field use. The mat folds up like a road map and this design makes it very stable in the wind-no corners lifting up and bothering the shooter.

Available in four colours; OD, camo, black, and midnight blue. I selected the camo to reduce the amount of radiant heat retention.

The mat has a lifetime warranty if properly cared for.

The Pro Shooters Mat sells for $75 and another eight bucks brought it to my door.

U.S. Tactical is a fine company to do business with. Orders are confirmed immediately with an auto response and this was followed up with an email from Kevin Swanson offering thanks and assistance in the event more information is needed. As the camo mats were on backorder when I placed my order, I was informed when they would be available for delivery and given the option of selecting a different colour, if I so desired. The backorder was resolved in less than a week and my mat was on the way.

The only improvements I could recommend would be an integral cooling/warming circuitry with thermostatic control and a built in massage device to comfort my bod while waiting for the barrel to cool.... [Razz]

Seriously, check out their web site at:

www.ustacticalsupply.com/misc.shtml

Posts: 1171 | Location: Wyoming, USA | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Holmes,

not a bad idea mate!!

When picking of rabbits in the summer evenings/mornings I have been using a "billabong rug" I think you Americans just refer to them as picnic rugs. It is just one of those tartan rubber backed rugs. Does the job though [Wink]

Posts: 7505 | Location: Australia | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote