New
Find
Notify
Tools

Fantastic recoil protection
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I tried out my new EvoShield Recoil Shirt on Friday. It is an UnderArmour, stretch T shirt with pocket for the pad. The key is that the pad is molds to fit you. It comes in a sealed package. When you remove it, the hardening process begins. You place it in the shirt and hold a rifle to your shoulder. The pad sets up to fit.

I fired 40 full house 375 loads, some from a very light Sako, and a bunch of 7 mag and other rifles, all from the bench. Next day, barely noticeable result. This arrangement is far superior to the PAST pad, even the extra thick model.

This system is pricey, $79.95, but worth it.

Suggestion: I hung the rifle from the ceiling by two wires to make the molding process easier.

Posts: 2827 | Location: Seattle, in the other Washington | Registered: 26 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Where does one acquire one of these?

Posts: 11909 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1615 | Location: Washington State | Registered: 27 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I bought 6 of these . My sons and I took them to Argentina for a high volume dove/duck shoot.

After firing about 8,000 rounds in a week, I had one little red mark on my shoulder.

It works.

Posts: 11909 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
Picture of Chris Davis
posted Hide Post
how thick is the pad? I am doing a rifle class in june, I have to shoot my 308 about 700 times in 4 days.

Posts: 14 | Location: Golden, Colorado | Registered: 13 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The pad , which is not really a pad, is about 1/4" thick. The object of the system isn't so much to cushion the recoil as it is to spread it over a wide area. Think of being hit with a 500 grain volleyball vs. a 500 grain hunting arrow at the same velocity.

If you wear the shirt under another shirt or light jacket it isn't even visible.

If you are shooting a shotgun using the system in fair weather the effectivce oength of pull will be about the same as upland hunting in the fall with a wool shirt and field coat.

Posts: 2827 | Location: Seattle, in the other Washington | Registered: 26 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I purchased one to try and soften the effect of a 458 Lott on my shoulder. It didn't work out well for me. The nylon fabric allowed the butt of the gun to slip during recoil and it was actually worse to shoot when wearing the shirt than it was without it. I realize that the 458 Lott is kind of an extreme test, but the shirt and pad really let me down. I contacted the manufacturer, and they seemed really interested in my problem, and were going to have someone get in touch with me, but they never did.

Posts: 551 | Location: Woodbine, Ga | Registered: 04 December 2003Reply With Quote