Find
Notify
Tools

Another flashlight question
 Login/Join

Picture of Mark
posted
Hello everyone,

Time for me to upgrade some flashlights around the house, and thought I'd ask here since there are a lot of people who know more about current flashlights than I do.

What I am looking for is a rechargeable LED flashlight with a drop-in charger. I live in a somewhat remote area and a light gets used almost every night when walking the dogs, getting racoons out of the garbage cans, etc.

I have kids, so a drop-in charger is kinda mandatory as it provides a parking spot, so when I need to find the flashlight the odds of me doing so move from "snowballs chance in hell" closer to "snowballs chance in Phoenix".

I like the idea of a LED, one less thing to break. Long as a beam gets cast 50 or so yards I'll be happy. More is better but not mandatory.

At this point I am looking at the Inova T4, it has a drop-in charger and is supposed to throw a beam 100+ yards. At $100+ it is a little pricey but better to have something that I'm happy with every night I need to use it.

However, I am open to any other suggestions you guys may have.

TIA,

Mark

for every hour in front of the computer you should have 3 hours outside

Posts: 7760 | Location: Between 2 rivers, Middle USA | Registered: 19 August 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Not Led but commonly used by LEOs and others, they are tough and BRIGHT and in your price range. I'd get a Streamlight Stinger.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Jetboater
posted Hide Post
I carry the new dual switch LED stinger at work everyday, and love it. You get it with a car and house charger, and can get a second battery for around a hundred bucks down there. It throws a nice bright beam and lasts several hours, and with the second battery it lasts an entire night shift no problem. I recomend it, and regardless I would only go with the LED type light.

Posts: 99 | Location: SW Alberta, up against the rocks | Registered: 01 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have a Pelican 2460. Rechargeable, LED {very bright] submersible.LED technology has been moving ahead rapidly .This flashlight has the LED facing backward which gives a very uniform pattern for the spot.IIRC it's a 1 watt LED.