Find
Notify
Tools

Acoustic chronograph!
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Hi!

I have tested an new type of chronograph, an acoustic one.

This chrono is called the SuperChrono and is offered by Steinert sensing systems in Norway.

I think its very cool to have such a product coming from Norway, its been a long time since the Krag-Jørgensen... Do anyone elsewhere in the world even make acoustic chronographs?

Anyway, I tested the chrono and am very happy with the ease of use (no more assembling an optical chroo).

One of the longe-range gurus in Norway have made a review in his longe-range video blog: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8MSnkyaVgQ

Just like he says in the video, you have to aim the chrono at the target and the rest is a piece of cake. :-)

Another videoblog with the superchrono: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbejnrp7FSY

Posts: 91 | Location: Norway | Registered: 03 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Alberta Canuck
posted Hide Post
So, briefly, is it available in the U.S. And if "yes" what is the cost?

My country gal's just a moonshiner's daughter, but I love her still.

Posts: 9685 | Location: Cave Creek 85331, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes is possible to choose USD as payment on their website with the price beeing 437 USD included vat.

I`m looking for a mini-tripod to mount it on, with possibilities to adjust it easily. Now I`m putting it on the ground and adjusting the aim with improvised use of rocks and things I have with me. I plan on buying a Zeiss fieldscope (10-45x65) and wonder if I could find a compact tripod for use with both of them. Any ideas for tripods?

one of us
posted Hide Post
Our acoustic chronos have the sound when the bullet hits the chrono !! Roll Eyes

The typical camera tripod should work mounting the Superchrono on top and the scope mounted on the adjustable center piece below it .Perhaps rig up something with hose clamps ?

One of Us
Picture of Collins
posted Hide Post
Will it work with subsonic as well as Pellet, Paintball and Archery?

Collins
Airgunner / 458 SOCOMer/ 45-70er / 458 Lotter

www.actionairgun.com LIVE NOW

Posts: 2327 | Location: The Sunny South! St. Augustine, FL | Registered: 29 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tordenskiold:
Yes is possible to choose USD as payment on their website with the price beeing 437 USD included vat.

I`m looking for a mini-tripod to mount it on, with possibilities to adjust it easily. Now I`m putting it on the ground and adjusting the aim with improvised use of rocks and things I have with me. I plan on buying a Zeiss fieldscope (10-45x65) and wonder if I could find a compact tripod for use with both of them. Any ideas for tripods?

VAT( which is usually very high) is what locals pay for goods. why should VAT be due on an export item? i buy a lot of shooting stuff from the UK( which has a 20% VAT) AND VAT IS NOT CHARGED SINCE THE ITEM IS OBVIOUSLY BEING SENT OUTSIDE THE COUNTRY. if Norway VAT is in the same 20% range, you are talking about $80 plus added to the price of this item...

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13099 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It is not. The price is 349.30 USD from Norway, price for shipment to USA is 45 USD.

The site is available in english so you can see for yourself: http://www.steinertsensing.com...no--p-101-c-143.aspx