Find
Notify
Tools

Nutella
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of billinthewild
posted
Hunting and fishing alert. A jar of Nutella in your pack or tackle box, along with a box of your favorite crackers is a great way to start or end a fishing or hunting expedition. A great dessert after a SPAM dinner or sardine lunch. Leaves a much desired aftertaste. After trekking all day through the wilds of my backyard I thought of the times when a jar of Nutella would have been a blessing compared to the offerings of monkey finger fruit in Zambia, or curried Baboon in Durban. Act now, before the airlines restrict the carry on quantity.
I am Billinthewild and I approve this message.
salute

"When you play, play hard; when you work, don't play at all."
Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 4263 | Location: Pinetop, Arizona | Registered: 02 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Horrible inedible goop which my European wife and most europeans seem to love (of course they won't eat peanut butter or drink rootbeer). Also useful as window caulking, pipe sealant, carburator gasket, and rat bait. Big Grin

Posts: 13301 | Location: On the Couch with West Coast Cool | Registered: 20 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of billinthewild
posted Hide Post
I still rate peanut butter as number one. Tell your wife to try what I call a Mexican crepe.
Spread the Nutella on a hot corn tortilla. Roll and enjoy with a good coffee. Works with peanut butter as well.

Does that little bastard under your name ever stop spinning. That's worse than Nutella. Eeker

Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 4263 | Location: Pinetop, Arizona | Registered: 02 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rick R
posted Hide Post
Jiff makes peanut butter with a touch of honey and Kroger carries their own knock off.
Goes really good on cinnamon raisin bagels. Smiler
I think it's much better than the Nutella stuff, but no one ever accused me of having an edjumacated palate. Wink
Next trip to Africa I'm taking a jar of Jiff and a fifth of Patron.

Posts: 1912 | Location: Charleston, WV, USA | Registered: 10 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by billinthewild:
I still rate peanut butter as number one. Tell your wife to try what I call a Mexican crepe.
Spread the Nutella on a hot corn tortilla. Roll and enjoy with a good coffee. Works with peanut butter as well.

Does that little bastard under your name ever stop spinning. That's worse than Nutella. Eeker

In Hungary they make a crepe like thing called Palacsinta. It's usually smeared with jam or Nutella and rolled up like a cigar.

Posts: 13301 | Location: On the Couch with West Coast Cool | Registered: 20 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of billinthewild
posted Hide Post
Do you know how many Hungarians it takes to make an omelet? Roll Eyes

Theodore Roosevelt

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Do tell?

One of Us
Picture of billinthewild
posted Hide Post
Two.....one to steal the eggs, the other to cook them..... Wink

Theodore Roosevelt

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Genius.......

One of Us
Picture of D99
posted Hide Post
I hate nutella, Italians think it's pure heaven. It used to piss me off to no end to get offered anything made of Nutella, especially Cannoli.

I think if they made it without chocolate in it it wouldn't be all bad, just the hazelnut butter.

Then again, I adore mint jam, and Italians would scoff at that!

Posts: 4729 | Location: Australia | Registered: 06 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Italians do love Nutella - however the Nutella you get in Europe is not the same as that bought in the USA. Since Americans like sickly sweet stuff the Nutella sold here is much sweeter than the original.I've gotten some for a friend made by the Italian chocolate maker Slitti but I haven't gotten a report yet.He likes the European , hates the American.

One of Us
Picture of billinthewild
posted Hide Post
Whadayagonado? Roll Eyes

Theodore Roosevelt

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nutella is great! Can't comment on the US imported version...... never tried it.

I wish they would make Nutella in small MRE like packets.

Posts: 49226 | Registered: 21 January 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Macifej:

In Hungary they make a crepe like thing called Palacsinta. It's usually smeared with jam or Nutella and rolled up like a cigar.

Actually its name is "Palatschinken" - the name comes from Austria. Seems that the Hungarians hungarized it somewhat. rotflmo

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Everyone in the neighnorhood there has a variation. The Serbs call it Palachinka ...I have no idea who inveted the "crepe" but Nutella should be banned globally ... Big Grin

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nutella and that spreadable marshmallow goo on a cold Eggo waffle. A little taste of heaven.

Posts: 509 | Location: Flathead county Montana | Registered: 28 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Kamo Gari
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Macifej:

In Hungary they make a crepe like thing called Palacsinta. QUOTE]

I'm all set on *anything* that I'm offered to eat that sounds anything remotely like 'placenta'. But then maybe I'm just weird... Smiler

Hunting: I'd kill to participate.

Posts: 2897 | Location: Boston, MA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TCLouis
posted Hide Post
Billinthewild

Peanut butter is #1 because you don't have any Almond Butter.

Nutella . . . I have no idea about the European version, but the American version is ok, not something I really care about positive or negative.

Don't limit your challenges . . .
Challenge your limits

Posts: 4223 | Location: TN USA | Registered: 17 March 2002Reply With Quote

Picture of Mark
posted Hide Post
Hey I just finished off a jar of nutella over the weekend. It was a little old so I tossed it in the microwave and ate it spread over some sour apple slices. It was quite yummy.

for every hour in front of the computer you should have 3 hours outside

Posts: 7757 | Location: Between 2 rivers, Middle USA | Registered: 19 August 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HJ wild:
quote:
Originally posted by Macifej:

Actually its name is "Palatschinken" - the name comes from Austria. Seems that the Hungarians hungarized it somewhat. rotflmo

It came from Czech and the name is palačinka or palačinky for pluralSmiler

Posts: 339 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 10 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
LOVE Nutella Cool

Posts: 2627 | Location: Where the pine trees touch the sky | Registered: 06 December 2006Reply With Quote