New
Find
Notify
Tools

iBalance 101 scale...
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
this is better than the Ainsworth! Check out www.myweigh.com for these scales. 30 Year Replacement or repair warranty. Mine was $140 and will weigh down to 1/10th grain.

Rich
DRSS

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
Rich,

Now that you've had it for awhile, how do you like your My Weigh scale? They sell in England for around $185, which isn't cheap. I haven't found a dealer in France yet.

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Rambouillet, France | Registered: 25 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I like it better now than when I bought it at the Quigley Match in mid-June. It has a nice easy to read LCD display, and is dead accurate to that 1/10gr figure. I've been sorting brass and bullets for my 550 Gibbs and 577BME projects, and this thing is just wonderful!!

It has increased my pride in the 350gr RFN RCBS mould for my 416 Rigby...that mould will cast 90% or a littlbetter bullets from WW that weigh 358.6-358.7gr and I have confidence in that precision. Well worth the money, and with the warranty; you cannot go wrong.

Rich
DRSS

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
does it only read up to 100 gr?

Posts: 42 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: 23 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
nope, it weighs to 1500grains in 1/10th grain increments. I like it more as time passes and it just does its job.

Rich
DRSS
Knowledge not shared is knowledge lost...

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've been keeping notes on usage. To date have weighed over 2000 cast bullets, everything from 6.5mm to my 550 and 577 big boys. I weighed all the big ones and wrote the weight on the side with a Sharpie a week ago. Weighed them again tonight, and all 300+ were within .1gr of what was marked. I did learn that you can gain two or three tenths by holding them in your hand for a minute.

At any rate, the scale is holding up under a steady work load, hardly a day goes by that I do not get it out, and weigh bullets or brass. I found out that you can take a 3x5 index card, weigh it, and make two period sized dots on the card, and see it weigh .05gr more. Spooky, huh?

Rich
DRSS
Knowledge not shared is knowledge lost...

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Don't breath when you are weighing for accuracy!!

Watch for drafts too!

Posts: 13301 | Location: On the Couch with West Coast Cool | Registered: 20 June 2007Reply With Quote