New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sako Blow-Up
 Login/Join

posted
Hello all,
Does anyone have any personal experience or knowledge of anywhere i can find info. of the new Sako 75 SS rifles blowing-up? I know that there is a recall on them now. I had on explode on me in Oct. 04. I'm trying to find others with the same experience.
Thanks Mark

Posts: 18 | Location: Washington State | Registered: 30 October 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Man oh man,thats hard to imagine.I have the all weather in 300 weath.,and if you didnt know better you'd think I'd been trying to blow it up.I've welded cases right to the bolt face.Is it an alloy prob. or what?

one of us
posted Hide Post
Look on Benchrest Central forum headed factory / Hybrid rifles, there is the full story with piccs of the latest Sako 75 Featherlight failure.

Posts: 136 | Location: England | Registered: 12 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Also, check out "The Alaska Hunting Forum". Others have experienced the same problem, and there is a recall.

Posts: 2097 | Location: Gainesville, FL | Registered: 13 October 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
MarknLinda Wow you had one blow up on you!!!! Were you injured? Did you see the pictures on Bench rest central? Man there rifle's are so expensive,and a run of them blow up.Dang man the solution is to bye custom only.

Posts: 28 | Location: San Francisco Bay Area California United states | Registered: 08 December 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The problem was with one batch of stainless barrels and they have all been accounted for now.

Thomas ...450 Rigby...

Posts: 240 | Location: Finland | Registered: 16 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Fe Fi Fo Fum

I smell a lawyer!

One of Us
Picture of billinthewild
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Burlington Rd:
Fe Fi Fo Fum QUOTE]

American rifles are a better gun..... Wink

"When you play, play hard; when you work, don't play at all."
Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 4263 | Location: Pinetop, Arizona | Registered: 02 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Check this site http://www.hs.fi/english/article/1101978285825 When my gs was alive he remarked that stainless steel for handguns was an investment casting and he didn't trust them.He preferred d forged steel for receivers and barrels for rifles and handguns.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Please don't add nonsense to this .Many guns such as Rugers are mostly investment cast alloy or stainless steel .With modern steels there is no advantage of forging over casting.